Football Scoop: Minnesota is putting spring football behind a paywall

St. Thomas did that with fundraising. Money makes or breaks a program. Gopher football could become the great program they once were as National Champions. Fund raising, money, leadership, sacrifices & all people rowing in the same direction. Using Capitalism, hard work, common sense, marketing & teamwork it can be achieved. "When someone says it can't be done they are usually right." Paul Bunyan
All the University of Minnesota has to do is increase enrollment so that it's 3-5 times bigger than the other soon to be 17 Big 10 institutions. Once that happens after a generation or two the donations and NIL coffers will be be overflowing which will lead to routine Conference titles and CFP dominance.

Let's start following that model ASAP!

And the issue with having a practice open only to Dinkeytown Athletics subscribers is what exactly?

You need donations to help keep players in this screwed up system, you need perks for people to help get donations....makes a lot of sense to me.

Feels to me that Zach (whoever the F that is) is really reaching on this one to try and make an issue out of somthing that really isn't.
The Rubicon has been crossed into an uncertain landscape with all the money and greed involved.

All the University of Minnesota has to do is increase enrollment so that it's 3-5 times bigger than the other soon to be 17 Big 10 institutions. Once that happens after a generation or two the donations and NIL coffers will be be overflowing which will lead to routine Conference titles and CFP dominance.

Let's start following that model ASAP!
There are currently 2 BIG schools with larger enrollments than the U of MN. Got any other great ideas?

There are currently 2 BIG schools with larger enrollments than the U of MN. Got any other great ideas?
Just bigger is not enough. Need to get exponentially bigger for this plan to work.

I figure 250,000 - 300,000 approx so should do the trick to start waltzing through the Big 10.

Who are currently the Top 2? My guess without going to the Google is Ohio St #1 & Wisconsin #2.

One of two practices only open to NIL supporters. I don't see the problem here.
Problem is that the one open to the public is not in the stadium and won't be marketed like a true public spring event.

You'll try your hardest to pretend like that doesn't matter, and I don't care. It does and we'll just agree to disagree.

There, preempted you. No need to post

Problem is that the one open to the public is not in the stadium and won't be marketed like a true public spring event.

You'll try your hardest to pretend like that doesn't matter, and I don't care. It does and we'll just agree to disagree.

There, preempted you. No need to post

Don't have to pretend. It doesn't matter. And I donate to DTA. If it matters to you so much.....maybe you should too.

I knew you would post anyway :ROFLMAO:

Absolutely will not choose to give my family's hard earned money to some 19 year old to do with whatever he pleases simply because we have a BS chaos system right now. The system badly needs massive reform.

I wouldn't choose to give money to a Vikings player, either.

You think they want to recruit kids (illegally) based on their spring practice…hope you have a nice tinfoil hat.
In the unscrupulous environment of college football, I believe anything is possible.

Just bigger is not enough. Need to get exponentially bigger for this plan to work.

I figure 250,000 - 300,000 approx so should do the trick to start waltzing through the Big 10.

Who are currently the Top 2? My guess without going to the Google is Ohio St #1 & Wisconsin #2.
In my observation over the past few years, it seems a vast majority of students attending the U of M don't even know what a football is, or seem to even care what a football is.

I knew you would post anyway :ROFLMAO:

Absolutely will not choose to give my family's hard earned money to some 19 year old to do with whatever he pleases simply because we have a BS chaos system right now. The system badly needs massive reform.

I wouldn't choose to give money to a Vikings player, either.

Because I'm not pretending to think this doesn't matter. For me.....and for a lot of people.....it doesn't. I get that some people care more. I've gone to spring games in the past. It's too bad that they aren't doing those at the stadium any longer.....but it really isn't a big deal to me.

And I don't donate a lot to DTA. A small amount per month. Nothing that would be noticed if I canceled it. But those add up over time and CAN make a difference. I don't see it as a problem if perks are added as a bonus to people donating. It's something that could very well determine how competitive the Gophers will be in the coming years.

As long as one of you doodz attends and then comes here to give me a brief rundown, this really doesn’t affect me all that much.

I always enjoy reading the hype surrounding players x, y, and z only for them to collectively play 8 snaps in the fall.

How much does Connor Stallions get in for?

Pair and a Spare said it was beyond obvious that the reason is they fear losing guys to NIL (thieves/tamperers).

But they are having an open practice at the practice facility.

So I guess they think it will be easier to catch people taking videos to "scout" for other teams??

The whole thing is F'ing stupid and absurd. Every other P5 in the country whose stadium is not under construction or there isn't really bad weather, will be hosting a public spring fan event at their stadium (regardless of its just a practice or some kind of simulated game setting).

Seems right.

More publicity and 9/10 speed spring “game” footage equals more opportunities for players to build fan followings, maybe for their “influencer” social media. Not to mention building some increased anticipation and excitement in the fanbase. Also more opportunities for others to see the players. Jealous boyfriend Fleck keeping them away from leering eyes…

Just maybe PJ doesn’t want to disappoint us with a poor performance thus affecting ticket sales. I am working that day so I wasn’t planning on attending anyway.

Deion seems to think the Spring Game (weekend) should be a big deal. I remember when PJ used to do things like this, mostly at Western Michigan. Not much hype man left in Fleck these days. I miss it.

Sure would've been fun to sit in the stadium on a sunny 70 degree late April day, and watch Drake and Max sling some balls, even if it was just a practice. I even would've brought diapers.

I thought we were supposed to say Lindsey is a bust and won't even be allowed to attend classes at the U he's so bad at football.

To keep the NIL vultures away, ya know. If we're not doing spring games anymore for this reason we may as well go Full Belichick with the secrecy and misdirection

The new management philosophy under NIL might just be "praise in private and punish in public"

Sure would've been fun to sit in the stadium on a sunny 70 degree late April day, and watch Drake and Max sling some balls, even if it was just a practice. I even would've brought diapers.
I think they would have opened the restrooms for the public, you would have been able to find a stall somewhere.

Went to UNLV's spring game today. They tried to make it fun for the fans which was nice. Oh, there is a frosh from Minnesota on the roster. Max Mogelson, a DL out of Mendota Heights. The program said that he went to a Two Rivers High School that I have not heard of. After the scrimmage fans were allowed to go on to the field and get autographs, etc. Being a Minnesota nerd I spoke with Max. He was a nice young man and I think that he said that he went to Henry Sibley HS. He also said that he was recruited by the Gophers. We'll see how he develops. Go Gophers!

Went to UNLV's spring game today. They tried to make it fun for the fans which was nice. Oh, there is a frosh from Minnesota on the roster. Max Mogelson, a DL out of Mendota Heights. The program said that he went to a Two Rivers High School that I have not heard of. After the scrimmage fans were allowed to go on to the field and get autographs, etc. Being a Minnesota nerd I spoke with Max. He was a nice young man and I think that he said that he went to Henry Sibley HS. He also said that he was recruited by the Gophers. We'll see how he develops. Go Gophers!
Henry Sibley HS changed names.

I think they would have opened the restrooms for the public, you would have been able to find a stall somewhere.
If I was running the program and DTA, I would have a spring game at the stadium, but lockdown the restrooms unless DTA contributions. Maybe charge $5 for a #1 and $20 for a #2?

I should reach out to that Burns guy. It’s no more stupid than what is currently going on🤷‍♂️

If I was running the program and DTA, I would have a spring game at the stadium, but lockdown the restrooms unless DTA contributions. Maybe charge $5 for a #1 and $20 for a #2?

I should reach out to that Burns guy. It’s no more stupid than what is currently going on🤷‍♂️
I’m not paying that kind of money unless Burnsie is the Bathroom Attendant.

Top Bottom