***FOOTAGE*** AIR FORCE Vs. NICHOLLS STATE...(NO LONGER WORRIED)

thailleagle

Reaction score
Is Nicholls State a High School team? Smh...it looked like Peewee League Football.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx9GRGxqLwk

And Air Force doesn't look as impressive as I thought they would be, I think we contain the Option and as long as we don't fall for the Play-Action we beat them because I didn't see one Defensive player that even looked remotely fast enough to stop Decker....... :clap:

-Minnesota 30, Air Force 17-

Wow. Nicholls State was just awful. But I do expect Air Force to show more coming into TCF Bank Stadium. I'm still picking a Gophers win, but it should be a good game.

LMAO @ Nicholls St. The best part was when they made it on that (admittedly fabulous) fake punt, and then promptly fumbled the snap and gave it right back to AF. Oh man, that was rich.

Wow. Nicholls State is small AND slow. I think their DL and OL were about the same size as our LBs (while being much slower). Not a secret now why it was such a blowout. This blowout combined with our very difficult win is a positive for us.

Seemed like more than half of AF's points were off bad turnovers.... bad snaps and dropped laterals and things like that.
Just hold onto the ball, Gophers!!!

Having basically an all-run offense has the potential to be completely frustrating for defenses that can't stop it..... or completely demoralizing for their own team if they cant move the ball.

I really felt bad for Nicholls State watching that.......

What does the Nicools State coach do after that? Their defense took horrible pursuit angles, didn;t tackle --- the mistakes were endless. Can;t really tell much about AF from that game.

I still thought the Gophers would have DESTROYED North Dakota State. I don't take anyone lightly.

Is Nicholls State a High School team? Smh...it looked like Peewee League Football.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx9GRGxqLwk

And Air Force doesn't look as impressive as I thought they would be, I think we contain the Option and as long as we don't fall for the Play-Action we beat them because I didn't see one Defensive player that even looked remotely fast enough to stop Decker....... :clap:

-Minnesota 30, Air Force 17-

That pass that was ruled a lateral, when the game was only 10-0, sure looked like a forward pass to me. Not that it would have been enough to change the outcome of the game, but it may have helped Nicholls State by not taking them out of the game emotionally right away.

just because they beat up a AWFUL team, still does not downgrade their talent. AF will be a very tough opponent, but we will play our best and come out with a W

just because they beat up a AWFUL team, still does not downgrade their talent. AF will be a very tough opponent, but we will play our best and come out with a W

You're right but I'm sure that 72-0 Score can definitely make the wolf look bigger then it really is.......

You're right that just because they beat a weak team doesn't mean that Air Force is a bad team. But it should also be noted that just because they destroyed a weak team doesn't mean they are supermen. In 2001, we beat Murray State 66-10, but finished the season 4-7. It's hard to judge a team by a game like this.

Air Force also used a very vanilla offense, so it is really not an indicator as to how tomorrow's game will go. Their offense has the potential to create all sorts of problems and the Gopher defense is going to have to be able to adjust and be pretty good at guessing which way the ball will go.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I wouldn't take AF lightly either.

I figured North Dakota State would give us a game because they were really good in their Division and came in with an undefeated record. Teams like that are mentally prepared to win.......

We were their only loss that season.......

We still should have blown them out of the water.... A Big Ten School SHOULD NOT have been in that close of a game with a lesser school. No disrespect to NDSU. Talent alone should have been superior.

We still should have blown them out of the water.... A Big Ten School SHOULD NOT have been in that close of a game with a lesser school. No disrespect to NDSU. Talent alone should have been superior.

Tell that to Hawkeye fans.......

Top Bottom