Flyover for tomorrow

Twins did a helicopter slow fly over for veterans this summer. That was super cool and touching.

Nice. I grew up on air force bases. The sound of military jets still gives me goose bumps.
Yep. Grew up in Marietta, GA. We had a Lockheed plant that built the C-5 Galaxys, Starlifters, and C130s. Next door was Dobbins AFB that gave us fighter jets and sonic booms over a metropolitan area. Always had military aircraft in the skies that was very cool. Very different when we moved to the Twin Cities. Not bad, just different. Always notice now when the Air National Guard is doing their thing. Again, very cool.

Yep. Grew up in Marietta, GA. We had a Lockheed plant that built the C-5 Galaxys, Starlifters, and C130s. Next door was Dobbins AFB that gave us fighter jets and sonic booms over a metropolitan area. Always had military aircraft in the skies that was very cool. Very different when we moved to the Twin Cities. Not bad, just different. Always notice now when the Air National Guard is doing their thing. Again, very cool.
Build, the C5-A transport was certainly a big one! In November of 1970 I hitched a ride on one of those monsters to go home on leave from Japan. Got to fly for about a half an hour on it and they told us that we had to return to Japan because they were experiencing some mechanical problems with the landing gear. We got back down ok, but two days later when I finally was able to catch a plane to get back to Travis AFB in San Francisco, that beast was still being worked over on the base in Tokyo. It was about the first year of operation of that plane. Guess they got the bugs worked out. They moved a lot of cargo and military might to Southeast Asia before all was said and done in that huge transport plane. Also had a few rides on the C-130s too.

Last edited:

Top Bottom