Florida State Slightly Favored Over Savannah State...

As bad as Savanah St a new program is

I don't think I would take Florida State to cover 70.5 points. That is a lot of risk to cover that many points.
What if FSU suffers a major injury to the QB or tailback?
Then the points likely do not get covered.
They the Vegas books do not want you to bet this game even if it seems like easy money,
there is fools gold with that kind of spread and they do not want to get clobbered.

I was going to guess that they would win 70.5 to 0 :eek:

A seventy point margin is a lot. I would guess they could easily put up 100 points, but coaches haven't been willing to do that. If they bring in the backups and keep the ball in the ground, they might win by only 50.

You gotta figure they call of the dogs and run the clock out. At least I would hope so. I'd take the points. That is one huge number.

A seventy point margin is a lot. I would guess they could easily put up 100 points, but coaches haven't been willing to do that. If they bring in the backups and keep the ball in the ground, they might win by only 50.

Butthead at Wisconsin would.

Some notes from last week's Savannah St. game vs. #19 Okie St.:

Freshman Wes Lunt completed all 11 of his passes in a brief first outing as the new starting quarterback for Oklahoma State.

Lunt and many of the other starters didn't even make it to the end of the first quarter before getting pulled out of respect for a lower division team that had won only one game each of the previous two seasons.

Gundy wanted no part of discussing the pros and cons of choosing to play a team that had gone 4-72 against competition from the Football Championship Subdivision -- that's a level below Oklahoma State's Football Bowl Subdivision, with fewer scholarships and resources.

Savannah State (0-1) got a $385,000 payout for its first game against an FBS opponent, and coach Steve Davenport wasn't sure afterward if even that made it worthwhile.

"We're going to have to readdress that. You get paid for certain things, but I don't know if at the end of the day, some things are worth the payments you get. But we'll see. Those are conversations we'll have.

"But we've got to get better and be more competitive to do these kind of things and play these games. But it's a process for us and we're really in the early stages of rebuilding this program."

Not much will change though before the Tigers play at No. 7 Florida State next week.

This one was over almost as soon as it started. Oklahoma State scored on its first five possessions to take a 35-0 lead late in the first quarter, needing no more than 90 seconds on any of the scoring drives.

In a flash, the starters were replaced by backups and -- when the points kept piling up -- third, fourth and fifth-teamers were on the field.

"Of course we would have liked to play a little longer, but that's just part of the nature of the situation tonight," said Joseph Randle, who ran for 107 yards on just six carries, with TD runs from 2 and 40 yards.

Asked if he'd rather be playing in a marquee game like the ones involving Alabama and Michigan or Clemson and Auburn on Saturday night, Randle started out saying: "I would rather play in a real" before catching himself and saying "next question."

Savannah State (0-1) got a $385,000 payout for its first game against an FBS opponent, and coach Steve Davenport wasn't sure afterward if even that made it worthwhile.

"We're going to have to readdress that. You get paid for certain things, but I don't know if at the end of the day, some things are worth the payments you get. But we'll see. Those are conversations we'll have.

Make your money whore!

Top Bottom