Fleck will be using this to recruit

He definitely got them ready for the draft. Our coach knows what he's doing.

Nebraska draft picks

2017 - 1
2018 - 1
2019 - 0
2020 - 1 EDIT-Correction: They had 2 this year. I missed the second one.

Last edited:

The gophers had more players drafted than anyone in the West division!

That is pretty cool!
Not quite, looks like Iowa had 5 as well. So the Gophers tied for most drafted in the West Division, tied for third in the conference w/ Iowa and Penn State. Great progress and a great draft, another sign of things improving.

Wirfs, Epanesa, Ojemudia, Stone, Stanley

Now we need a couple of these kids to go make a name for themselves in the league and become household names like some of our b1g west rivals have had.

Now we need a couple of these kids to go make a name for themselves in the league and become household names like some of our b1g west rivals have had.
For sure AWJr and TJ should. I see Renner as the dark horse who does exactly that, makes a name for himself.

Nebraska draft picks

2017 - 1
2018 - 1
2019 - 0
2020 - 1 EDIT-Correction: They had 2 this year. I missed the second one.
We had as many drafted this year as they've had drafted in the past four year's combined. Nice.

Brewster's recruiting flagged over the years as it became clear he was all hat and no cattle.

I was impressed with how Kill recruited in state, but he never seemed to parlay team success into improved recruiting out of state, and he particularly struggled with QB/WR for obvious reasons.

I have been really impressed with how quickly Fleck leveraged last year's success into recruiting momentum this spring, so I am glad he now has the ammo of this draft class to sell to kids. I'm happy for the kids and the program.

Blame the Vikings for taking their shitty QB
Exactly. Why would the Vikes use a pick on him when they most likely could have gotten him as an UDFA. Another Spielman head scratcher.

Exactly. Why would the Vikes use a pick on him when they most likely could have gotten him as an UDFA. Another Spielman head scratcher.
Supposedly three other teams wanted him as well.

I was ticked when the Viking took Stanley..more so when I found out it ended up allowing Iowa to tie us in number of draft picks this year. Post draft Spielman said they got extra picks to take guys late that would be UDFA's because of the uncertainty surrounding the UDFA process this year. I thought the Vikings had a solid draft, but the ending (passing on Coughlin in the 7th and drafting Stanley later in that round) left a sour taste. The Vikings have seemed to have every Badger or Hawkeye quarterback in recent years end up as their camp arm (and also had Leidner).

I would have rather taken a flyer on the Hawaii QB than Stanley. Now that I said that, watch Stanley turn into the next Tom Brady.

Supposedly three other teams wanted him as well.
Why? I mean I hate Iwoa and all, but even beyond that, Stanley just isn't a great QB. I don't get that pick at all. I'd rather have Erdmann out of St. John's college, seriously, I'd rather have him. Or Gordon out of WSU. Stanley?

Why? I mean I hate Iwoa and all, but even beyond that, Stanley just isn't a great QB. I don't get that pick at all. I'd rather have Erdmann out of St. John's college, seriously, I'd rather have him. Or Gordon out of WSU. Stanley?

What’s interesting about Stanley is he has decent speed and good arm strength. He actually ran 4.81 at the combine, which is about the same as Pat Mahomes. For whatever reason, he folds like a house of cards when he’s pressured. Sort of like Cousins, only worse. I want a QB who can improvise.

Top Bottom