Fleck and Harsin

KU4LIFE

Reaction score
Seems like there are some out there reporting that these two are most likely the top two candidates for the job. Will be interesting to see if either accept? If not, where does it go? Does the Chris Klieman's come into the picture?

To hell with Chris Klieman and all the NDSU trolls..

Harsin just doesn't make sense here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the time they get down to there 4th or 5th choice.

To hell with Chris Klieman and all the NDSU trolls..

I'm realistic and I don't want this entire program to go down the toilet and the sh!tter like it likely will. If Fleck were smart he would tip his canoe elsewhere, and pass on this program if he wants to continue as a head coach into his late forty's. All other smart coaches have taken a whiff of what this Minnesota program has to offer"the distinct stench of firing to prosperity" and realize it has been the coaching graveyard for many careers. I'm done turning my noise up at them, they have discovered a winning formula, and I want to steal from it.

I may not like NDSU, or those fans but I recognize a good football coach when I see it. When they get done jacking around being turned down after quite a few coaches say no, this President is on thin ice, and do not want to clean up after this scandal then maybe they will get down to the business of hiring a football coach. In my view, Kliemen is one of the few in this profession that can take this turd punch, turn around the morale and not spend three damn years trying to go 6-6 or 7-5 again in year three. I may be wrong but I would rather gamble on an X's and O's coach that can recruit than picking up an Oar, paying that guy big money and then he bails at the first sign of trouble.
He the NDSU guy is probably one of the few that would take it just for the pay raise the NDSU guy and the belief that he could win here. We need a coach that can win, I don't want another Lou Holtz or Tim Brewster for that matter, I want someone with a staff and a pedigree that can win. We would be lucky to get there SC coordinator for one, that would be one improvement that would go a long ways to improving the Gophers and not turning this ship into a graveyard.

I'm realistic and I don't want this entire program to go down the toilet and the sh!tter like it likely will. If Fleck were smart he would tip his canoe elsewhere, and pass on this program if he wants to continue as a head coach into his late forty's. All other smart coaches have taken a whiff of what this Minnesota program has to offer"the distinct stench of firing to prosperity" and realize it has been the coaching graveyard for many careers. I'm done turning my noise up at them, they have discovered a winning formula, and I want to steal from it.

I may not like NDSU, or those fans but I recognize a good football coach when I see it. When they get done jacking around being turned down after quite a few coaches say no, this President is on thin ice, and do not want to clean up after this scandal then maybe they will get down to the business of hiring a football coach. In my view, Kliemen is one of the few in this profession that can take this turd punch, turn around the morale and not spend three damn years trying to go 6-6 or 7-5 again in year three. I may be wrong but I would rather gamble on an X's and O's coach that can recruit than picking up an Oar, paying that guy big money and then he bails at the first sign of trouble.
He the NDSU guy is probably one of the few that would take it just for the pay raise the NDSU guy and the belief that he could win here. We need a coach that can win, I don't want another Lou Holtz or Tim Brewster for that matter, I want someone with a staff and a pedigree that can win. We would be lucky to get there SC coordinator for one, that would be one improvement that would go a long ways to improving the Gophers and not turning this ship into a graveyard.

We'd lose with ndsu recruits. He'd need to step up his recruiting

That is implied, I thought that recruiting would have to be better for a Big 10 program. They have a plan in strength and conditioning and they win with it, with better offensive and defensive linemen than Minnesota develops. I know a lot of folks, here don't like NDSU and would have a hard time stomaching poaching that coach. I think it is time, we get someone that knows the area and can make Minnesota his program and legacy. I see a good football coach, that motivates players, to me there is a lot to like, putting aside my dislike for the Bison is hard, but I recognize what they are doing, we should not be turning up our noises at it. That is probably one of the other places that lacks a home recruiting territory and recruits from far away as much as anywhere. They do not have a natural back yard of great players. They recruit well in Missouri and Florida and Texas. IF you can sell a place where the telephone polls are the trees, and how damn cold it get's their you can sell Minnesota.

I would strongly prefer Harsin over Fleck. And if it is Klieman then this whole thing was a bad move. I'd rather have given Tracy a contract extension than take a chance on Klieman.

I'm of the mind, right now, that Harsin might be a better "fit". I could be wrong, of course.....

Harsin doesn't do anything for me. Boise State was good before he came. They're good now. He came in and didn't tear the program to pieces. Good job?

He's a textbook gopher hire though. Cheap and boring with no past success of building a program up.

Harsin doesn't do anything for me. Boise State was good before he came. They're good now. He came in and didn't tear the program to pieces. Good job?

He's a textbook gopher hire though. Cheap and boring with no past success of building a program up.

I'd say. What was he supposed to do?

I'd say. What was he supposed to do?

He's probably a great fit for another program. I don't think he's a great fit for Minnesota. I'd much rather have a guy like Fleck who took a program in complete shambles and got them to the Cotton Bowl in 4 years. Western Michigan had never won a bowl game until he got there.

Don't you think Coyle had a coach in his back pocket when he made this move? Otherwise, why wait this long?

He's probably a great fit for another program. I don't think he's a great fit for Minnesota. I'd much rather have a guy like Fleck who took a program in complete shambles and got them to the Cotton Bowl in 4 years. Western Michigan had never won a bowl game until he got there.

Fair enough. Respect the opinion there, but I still like Harsin. Worked under some pretty impressive coaches in Mack Brown and Chris Peterson. And I guess it worries me that Fleck has never called plays or even been a coordinator. Harsin called plays and was an OC at Boise and Texas. He's a QB developer, and I would love to see the Gophers with a decent QB for once.

I'm realistic and I don't want this entire program to go down the toilet ..

I may not like NDSU, or those fans but I recognize a good football coach when I see it. When they get done jacking around being turned down after quite a few coaches say no, this President is on thin ice, and do not want to clean up after this scandal then maybe they will get down to the business of hiring a football coach. In my view, Kliemen is one of the few in this profession that can take this turd punch, turn around the morale and not spend three damn years trying to go 6-6 or 7-5 again in year three. I may be wrong but I would rather gamble on an X's and O's coach that can recruit than picking up an Oar, paying that guy big money and then he bails at the first sign of trouble. ..

He has taken a championship caliber lower division team and kept them on their path. A GREAT path by the way.

They've won 33 conference championships since 1964. The are 24-2 in the playoffs since 2010.

This is Klieman first Head Coaching job and he's been at NDSU since 2011. Klieman has experience to "turn around" a program, let alone one that will play 9-10 BCS programs every year, not just 2 of them?

Maybe he's a good man and maybe he will be more than a "place holder" Head Coach when he gets the chance.

As Head Coach here? Well to"heck" with Klieman. If someone is willing to take the chance that he can be a turnaround Head Coach, more power to both of them. But not here.

And still to Hell with the Bison trolls.

Oh, for what it's worth, can't say Im that solid on Fleck either.

From reading the tea leaves tonight, would not surprise me at all that Bryan Harsin is the next head coach.

Top Bottom