five hours to selection and

Maverick

Reaction score
in the last two hours, my top three choices all disappeared... :(

No matter, there are still plenty of really great seats left, I just had my heart set on a couple of primo (in my opinion) spots...

One question I have... I've wondered this since day one! Why is there an aisle right on the 50 yard line??? I mean really!!...the best view in the house. All things being equal, it's where many if not most fans would like to be to see the game.

How hard would it have been to design this thing so the center of the field didn't have an aisle???? There are nine aisles goal line to goal line on the lower deck. Make each section a little larger and eliminate the middle aisle...wa la! Seats on the 50!

edit ten minutes later... FFFING luck! I get this damn close to selecting my seats and its like someone is reading my mind....I watched my next two spots go purple right before my eyes! Damm Damm Dammm!!! Now the whole section is sold out...crap!

Are you looking at donation or non-donation seats?

They were $250 donation seats on the home side where I really wanted to be, and I can't afford the next step up...

I can get just as great a view from seats still available on the visitors side and will probably do that. I will be very pleased and happy with them.... I just wanted to be on the home side.... and to have all of them disappear within a few hours of my selection time is disappointing...

That is a bummer.

The $250's have been flying off the shelves the last week and a half!

Experience of Metrodome

Had to chime in. Hope it helps. I had seats in the Metrodome in row 6 on the visitor side 40 yard line. They were great for when the action is between the 20's. When things get to the endzone, you could not tell any angles. Was that a gain or loss? No depth perception. The seats in TCF are 15 feet closer to the sidelines than the Metrodome. So that theoretically would make the angles even worse being that low.

I pick six seats in two hours 18 minutes(ok, I am counting) On the visitor side there are some row seven seats right now. They may be gone soon, who knows.

We are looking at the bleachers by the student section. High enough to see the whole field, close to bathrooms and stuff for the kids. We have grandparents who come to the games and the idea of updeck stairs was a turn off. The cost of premium seats is not prohibitive, just at this stage the no-bainer picks are fewer.

Let us know what seats you get. Buy you a beer and a brat in the tailgating lots.

That is a bummer.

The $250's have been flying off the shelves the last week and a half!

Felt like I was punched in the gut. Like I felt after the 03 Michigan debacle....

Yesterday and today so far filled a whole lot of spots... If you are watching the process, you can see that they have really stepped up the pace...

No matter... The dome is history!!!

I would be happy with the very last obstructed view seat at TCF if that's all that was left!

Go Gophers!

Live way out of state so not getting season tickets, so can't access ticket choosing web site. I'm curious to see, though, which seats have been chosen so far and which ones are still available.

Does anyone have the abilbity to do a screenshot of the existing seat situation and post it here so I can take a look. Totally selfish on my part and many thanks in advance to anyone able and willing to post.

Visitors' side equals sun side and you'll be thankful of that come October.

I've been wondering why so many people have been picking on the Gophers side. I've always sat on the visitors side and found it much more enjoyable because you can watch the reactions of our players and coaches to big plays, bad calls, etc., instead of looking at their backs. I'll never forget the time Mason ripped away the headphones from Elliott Uzelac after Sauter ran the option for the 20th time in the first half.
- And you get to heckle the opponent.

We have sat with the visitors and have decided after playing nice with the visitor overflow, we wanted to sit on the gopher sideline with gopher fans.

As someone who chose tickets on the visitor side, I must say that i am somewhat perplexed by people not wanting to sit there because they think it is going to be filled with visitor fans. Part of the beauty of a 50,000 seat stadium is that it is likely going to be nearly sold out with season tickets held by Gopher fans. Are these people any more likely to sell their tickets to visitor fans than people on the Gopher side are? Sure, there will be 3,000 visitor fans in the upper corners, but who cares?

Live way out of state so not getting season tickets, so can't access ticket choosing web site. I'm curious to see, though, which seats have been chosen so far and which ones are still available.

Does anyone have the abilbity to do a screenshot of the existing seat situation and post it here so I can take a look. Totally selfish on my part and many thanks in advance to anyone able and willing to post.

I'm game for an effort. Sorry if this doesn't turn out very well. This is as of about 8.00 on 5/6/2009.

Attachments

• Seat Selection.jpg
    Seat Selection.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 40

As someone who chose tickets on the visitor side, I must say that i am somewhat perplexed by people not wanting to sit there because they think it is going to be filled with visitor fans. Part of the beauty of a 50,000 seat stadium is that it is likely going to be nearly sold out with season tickets held by Gopher fans. Are these people any more likely to sell their tickets to visitor fans than people on the Gopher side are? Sure, there will be 3,000 visitor fans in the upper corners, but who cares?

I ended up in $100 seats in 212 right in the middle of the section...I am excited! Outdoor Gopher football in the sun and out of the North wind , able to watch the Gopher sidelines (it will be fun to scope the coaches faces), etc, etc.... I don't expect too many opposing fans to be near me, but I suppose I will have to tolerate them in the concourse!!!

Go Gophers

Welcome to 212 .... I couldn't really afford them but this was the chance of a lifetime to get great seats. Sitting in the sun at the 30 yard line!

Dang, I thought it was rough a few weeks ago when I had to wait while others got their tickets. It's getting ridiculously tough now. Only eight days to go...might have to withdraw from all Gopher social media until then. :)

Welcome to 212 .... I couldn't really afford them but this was the chance of a lifetime to get great seats. Sitting in the sun at the 30 yard line!

:clap::clap:

Attachments

• 212.png
    212.png
    3 KB · Views: 93

Maverick and Butch...I'm a 212er too. Welcome to the club. :)

I have a feeling those $100 donation seats in the upper deck are going to be a great value.

DtG -

I hope the $100 seats prove to be a value. We're in 209! Sad that all these 'Holers are in 212 rather than 209. :cry:

I have my eyes on 213 and 208 whichever is better.

We would rather not pay extra but I love the look of the views from these sections. Looks much better than 215/236.

I don't pick for two weeks yet! Aaargh!

DtG -

I hope the $100 seats prove to be a value. We're in 209! Sad that all these 'Holers are in 212 rather than 209. :cry:

We'll wave!

Actually 209 was very high on my list also. I decided on 212 to be closer to the student section and the Gophers entrance to the field....

Go Gophers!

SKI (Home/south side cheer)

U (Student section scheer)

MAH! (North side cheer)

Over and over....gaining in speed and volume...again and again....GOOSEBUMPS!!!!

Maverick -

I love the Ski-U-Mah chant idea! We have to get that to catch on!

We went with 209 because I figured for the games where the sun is setting in the open end, 212 will end up looking into it more often as they'll be turned that way for 70 yards of field rather than 30 ish if that makes sense? Plus since we have a group of 12, 209 gave us a chance to be 2-3 rows closer than we could have been in 212 based on the seats that had been chosen at the time.

Let's be honest, we'll all have better seats than the dome!

Just picked section 243, row 27, seats 17 and 18 about 45 minutes ago. DANG it feels good!

Got in on 212 today too. Very pleased. Whole process took no more than 2 minutes.

Go Gophers!

I have my eyes on 213 and 208 whichever is better.

We would rather not pay extra but I love the look of the views from these sections. Looks much better than 215/236.
I had a tour back in February and I explitily walked up to what would be the last chairback in the northeast upper corner to see what the view was like, and it felt a lot better than the seats I used to have 1/3 of the way up 212 at the dome. I think the no donation chairbacks in any of the upper corners are still great seats.

Got in on 212 today too. Very pleased. Whole process took no more than 2 minutes.

Go Gophers!

I just got seats in 212 today as well. Very last row. I am so excite and so glad I don't have anyone that wants to sit behind me and tell me to sit down when I want to stand up and cheer. Which is all the time!

TCF Here We Come!!!!!!!!!!
:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Last year I had someone tell me to sit down at halftime.

Top Bottom