First Vegas line opens as Gophs by one, moves to Iowa by three

Iowa -3 on the road probably sounds right. Until we prove we can beat them, sadly they've owned us for the most part.

Reminds one of the Michigan line. Hope there isn't more bad news on the covid front.

Iowa -3 on the road probably sounds right. Until we prove we can beat them, sadly they've owned us for the most part.

Not sure owned is the right word for it. Obviously they have had the advantage in the series like most of our rivals have over the past 40-50 years but 4 of the last 5 meetings have been 1 score games with last year being a super close game that easily could have gone either way.

Yeah 2019 was great but we're still in 'prove it' territory.

I think that's about right.

Granted before everything went to hell we were ranked 17 going into the season, that was a nice benefit of the doubt.

Not sure owned is the right word for it. Obviously they have had the advantage in the series like most of our rivals have over the past 40-50 years but 4 of the last 5 meetings have been 1 score games with last year being a super close game that easily could have gone either way.
Owned probably is too strong.

But ... :(

x123Kvo.png

Bunch of Vegas books now up...Iowa by 3 to 4 is the range.

Based on watching our defense so far this year, my head tells me Iowa by 20, but I haven't watched any Iowa games to know what holes they have.

Iowa will identify and attack any holes Minnesota has...

Defending the edge on outside runs has been really bad for Minnesota and Iowa historically has been very good running outside.

Iowa usually pretty good at having TEs fool and abuse linebackers in coverage...big concern.

If St. Juste is out and Marsette is back, I don't know if we can cover them one-on-one.

Gophers by double digits. Offensive explosion.

Based on watching our defense so far this year, my head tells me Iowa by 20, but I haven't watched any Iowa games to know what holes they have.

Defending the edge on outside runs has been really bad for Minnesota and Iowa historically has been very good running outside.

Iowa usually pretty good at having TEs fool and abuse linebackers in coverage...big concern.

If St. Juste is out and Marsette is back, I don't know if we can cover them one-on-one.

Anyone that says they know is making things up. Iowa had to work hard to lose to Purdue. Had 460 yards of offense, but committed 10 penalties and fumbled once at the Purdue 10 yard line and another time at about the 25 to lose 24-20. Northwestern, Iowa led 17-0 and Wildcats outscored Iowa 21-3 from there on out. Wildcats deserved to win, they pitched a shutout on the Iowa offense in the second half.

Iowa's defense has played 6 good quarters of football in a row. Minnesota will be better overall on offense than what Iowa has faced so far. So very interested to see how that plays out. I would expect Iowa to be able to move the football somewhat on the Gopher D, but trying to predict with any certainty is a fool's errand. Should be an interesting game.

Yeah 2019 was great but we're still in 'prove it' territory.

I think that's about right.

Granted before everything went to hell we were ranked 17 going into the season, that was a nice benefit of the doubt.

No, Gophers by 3+!

St-Juste out???

Top Bottom