America East (1): Vermont

American (1): Memphis

ACC (6): Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, North Carolina, Pitt, Wake Forest

ASUN (1): Jacksonville

Atlantic 10 (2): Loyola, VCU

Big East (5): Creighton, Marquette, Saint John's, UConn, Xavier

Big Sky (1): Weber State

Big South (1): High Point

Big Ten (9): Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Purdue, UCLA

Big XII (8): Arizona, Baylor, Cincinnati, Houston, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas Tech

Big West (1): UC-Riverside

Coastal (1): UNC-Wilmington

Conference USA (1): UTEP

Horizon (1): Milwaukee

Ivy (1): Cornell

MAAC (1): Quinnipiac

MAC (1): Ohio

MEAC (1): NCCU

Missouri Valley (1): Bradley

Mountain West (3): Boise State, San Diego State, UNLV

NEC (1): Wagner

OVC (1): Tennessee State

Patriot (1): Lehigh

SEC (10): Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M

SoCon (1): Samford

Southland (1): McNeese

SWAC (1): Texas Southern

Summit (1): North Dakota State

Sun Belt (1): Arkansas State

WCC (2): Gonzaga, Saint Mary's

WAC (1): Grand Canyon

First 4 Out: Rutgers, TCU, UAB, Vanderbilt

12 to Watch: Arizona State, BYU, Clemson, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Providence, San Francisco, SMU, USC, Villanova, Wisconsin

Non-Power 5 At-Large Bids (4): Saint Mary's, San Diego State, UNLV, VCU

New to Division 1 (2): Mercyhurst (NEC), West Georgia (ASUN)

Ineligible for NCAA/NIT, with season eligible in parentheses (9): Lindenwood (2026-27), Queens (2026-27), St. Thomas (2026-27), Southern Indiana (2026-27), Stonehill (2026-27), TAMU-Commerce (2026-27), Le Moyne (2027-28), Mercyhurst (2028-29), West Georgia (2028-29)

Last edited:

You have these 9 teams in from the Big Ten (9): Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Ohio State, Purdue, UCLA

I think Nebraska may drop off. I'm not sure Purdue is going to be stellar. Maryland seems to struggle.

But, Washington, Oregon, Rutgers and USC I don't think will all miss. Most comfortable adding these four and dropping Nebraska for a total of 12.
And Wisconsin finds a way to be in the hunt historically.
Tough to handicap in June.

In the Mountain West, I think Richard gets New Mexico in. Lost Toppin, Mash and House, I know.
But he has like 17, 18 guys or something. Very unusual for him. He played numbers last year.
I think they'll be good. Lots of athleticism and size with two guys from Serbia who I'm guessing surprise as scorers. San Diego St I know has tradition and coaching but they lost a lot with marginal additions. I think New Mexico will be a top 3 conference regular season finisher. Their non conference is waaay harder than usual.

I like it, you are getting this out early. One of my favorite posts of the year is your "how the Gophers can make the Dance" post. When should my eyes bug out for that?

I like it, you are getting this out early. One of my favorite posts of the year is your "how the Gophers can make the Dance" post. When should my eyes bug out for that?

I like that piece too but I think we all know the answer to that question. They will have to have their best team since 2017 or perhaps accomplish the same as the 2019 team. The 2019 team probably wasn't in until they won two in the Big Ten tournament with the second win being over #13 Purdue. They ended up as a 10th seed in the NCAA tournament.

We’ll have that within a week or two of the start of the season. Should be more interesting with what looks like will be a much improved nonconference slate.

I'm curious to see if there is a correlation to gutless non conference scheduling and seasonal performance.
Maryland is touted in several places and they make the dance in your early projections.
Their non conference schedule is 225 plus... I don't think that prepares you to build a winning conference foundation.
Curious if they make the NCAA Tournament comfortably or if they sneak in or miss entirely.
Don't know their team at all...if somebody is hurt and will be ready after Christmas or somebody will be eligible beginning in January....then okay. Otherwise, not impressed with the philosophy.

I'm curious to see if there is a correlation to gutless non conference scheduling and seasonal performance.
Maryland is touted in several places and they make the dance in your early projections.
Their non conference schedule is 225 plus... I don't think that prepares you to build a winning conference foundation.
Curious if they make the NCAA Tournament comfortably or if they sneak in or miss entirely.
Don't know their team at all...if somebody is hurt and will be ready after Christmas or somebody will be eligible beginning in January....then okay. Otherwise, not impressed with the philosophy.
Full disclosure: In my updated Field of 68 (another thread), I pulled Maryland out of the tournament. Have Terps no higher than 14th at this point of the summer.

Top Bottom