Votes: 46 65.7%
  • Wisconsin

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Iowa

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Nebraska

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Despite where we are at and wins the last two weeks Palm now has us in the Gasparilla bowl against Georgia State. Wtf Palm?

We win out (minus Ohio State) and we win the West, right?

That won’t be easy, but it’s doable. Let’s be the last team to win the West.

Edit: Or do we need Iowa to lose again?
We need Iowa to lose once and need Nebraska to lose once. Both should happen, but …

We need Iowa to lose once and need Nebraska to lose once. Both should happen, but …
Especially with them playing each other.
Wisconsin also plays Nebraska.
Northwestern plays Iowa and Wisconsin.

So there is 4 losses between the 3 of them.

We win out (minus Ohio State) and we win the West, right?

That won’t be easy, but it’s doable. Let’s be the last team to win the West.

Edit: Or do we need Iowa to lose again?
Need Iowa to loose one as well with that scenario.

Especially with them playing each other.
Wisconsin also plays Nebraska.
Northwestern plays Iowa and Wisconsin.

So there is 4 losses between the 3 of them.
I hope you are right. Should be … but this is a wacky season. Since Iowa plays Nebraska (closing game), one will be eliminated. But, ideally, both take a loss or two before then.

If we go 3-1 with our only loss to OSU we would have all the tiebreakers, right?
Need Iowa and Northwestern to both loose one more. As NW has the tie breaker and would only have 3 loses if the win out. (Not likely but still has to happen) Iowa and Nebraska only has two loses so they would need to lose one more, we own those toe breakers.

I hope you are right. Should be … but this is a wacky season. Since Iowa plays Nebraska (closing game), one will be eliminated. But, ideally, both take a loss or two before then.
I am right.
There is literally a guarantee of at least 4 more losses between Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and northwestern
Which is what I said

Need Iowa and Northwestern to both loose one more. As NW has the tie breaker and would only have 3 loses if the win out. (Not likely but still has to happen) Iowa and Nebraska only has two loses so they would need to lose one more, we own those toe breakers.
Northwestern has tie breaker but I tiebreaker with northwestern likely ends up a multiple way tie. So it’s not necessarily true the team would have to clear NU by a full game to go.

For instance, In a three way tie at 6-3 with Minnesota, Iowa, and northwestern. Minnesota would win that tiebreak based on divisional record. (Assuming the gophers loss is to Ohio state)

Last edited:

If:

Gophs finish at least 3-1.

MD and RU finish weakly.

Gophs should get a Florida New Years Day Bowl.

Top Bottom