First Maresh, now Beau Allen?

Sad. Good thing he is in football -- leading to the physical that detected it. There's something weird going on in those western suburbs!

All I know is I live in Minnetonka and when I leave downtown I drive West to get there.:confused:

Sad. Good thing he is in football -- leading to the physical that detected it. There's something weird going on in those western suburbs!
I'd argue that Champlin is not a Western Suburb, but a northern suburb.
It is in the NW corner, and yes it is west of the river, but it is East of Maple Grove. Also, from a financial standpoint, it more closely resembles Coon Rapids and Blaine than Hopkins or Minnetonka. It is in the Anoka school district, which is clearly northern suburbs.

Agreed. Champlin is definitely a 'northern' suburb, while Minnetonka is a 'western' suburb. The high percentage of pick-up trucks and crotch rockets in Champlin completely take it out of the running for western suburb status.

I have been in contact with Minnetonka officials... nobody was aware of this story. Messages have been left for the Allens, but as of now, seems to be inaccurate... although knowing Ryan well, he is right 99% of the time, so will let you know if something changes.

Its true, but the family was hoping to keep it quite. Ryan didnt do them any favors and he more then likely will not be on their Christmas card list.

This is a sad story. Allen's a good football player and here's hoping he can recover and play.

Its true, but the family was hoping to keep it quite. Ryan didnt do them any favors and he more then likely will not be on their Christmas card list.

Who is Ryan James and how did he get the info? Sucks if they wanted it quiet but I'm sure the extra support he'll receive won't hurt either?

RE: Allen's Heart

Just wondering what kind of tool it takes to post something as irresponsible as the initial post in this thread? Obviously, someone who is still upset Allen committed to the Badgers. Proves once again that posting does not require an IQ. Then wonder why Gopher fans are referred to as *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#bags on Badger boards. If one of our did this, you can bet we would call him out. Just another day at the beach over here.

Just wondering what kind of tool it takes to post something as irresponsible as the initial post in this thread? Obviously, someone who is still upset Allen committed to the Badgers. Proves once again that posting does not require an IQ. Then wonder why Gopher fans are referred to as *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#bags on Badger boards. If one of our did this, you can bet we would call him out. Just another day at the beach over here.

Someone posting a tweet by a reliable source about a hole in Beau Allen's heart? Is that the post you are referring to?

Then you are wondering what type of tool it takes to post this?

I agree, these are the things that keep me awake in my mom's basement at night. How dare these multiplication ampersand raised to the power of exclamation number bags

Just wondering what kind of tool it takes to post something as irresponsible as the initial post in this thread? Obviously, someone who is still upset Allen committed to the Badgers.

What is so irresponsible about it? It isn't as if anyone here broke this - this is the 21st century, information is out there whether we like it or not, and whether or not we post about it.

And no, your assertion is not remotely obvious. As the title might remind you, we had a recruit with a similar condition.

Proves once again that posting does not require an IQ.

Your post proves that, yes.

Then wonder why Gopher fans are referred to as *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#bags on Badger boards.

Actually, it's because you're jealous that Gopher fans are classier than you. Then again, with Wisconsin leading the nation in cannibalism and zoonecrophilia, that's understandable.

If one of our did this, you can bet we would call him out.

No, you would not.

Hey Bobby...how bout you keep your hand out of your ass crack next time...you might be able to type much more coherently using both hands...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWVBBW-Jksc&feature=player_embedded

Heaven forbid you actually realize the context of the initial post before you spout off in a drunken rage about %*^*%^* Minnesota fans.....

This is probably the same Badgerbob that calls KFAN all of time

We get it Bob all Badger fans are "glorious fans" and above it all and all Gopher fan's are sinister good for nothing tools. Get OVER yourself before you continue to pat yourself on the back. Nobody here really cares that Allen is a Badger and is not coming here, end of story. This was not the point of the original poster or the intent your trying to drum up. This thread had nothing to do with what you suggest or was not nearly as sinister as you try to make it out to be.

This was not some huge plot or expose by Gopher fans to bring this up.
The poster simply started the thread based on information and referred to a "tweet" by a media member "Ryan James" at the Gopher illustrated site. The "tweet" was later retracted and deleted apparently. Maybe the information was incorrect and should not have been released in a public "domain" and that is why it was brought up here as to why the "tweet" was deleted. The original poster only referenced it as something he had "read". Blogs and the internet do not have the same journalistic standards that traditional media outlets have. No Gopher fan is purposely looking to stir up trouble for the Allen's or the Allen kid here. "Calling out" a Gopher fan as you suggest for something your trying to claim as intent or trying to damage the kid is stupid. This was only even referenced because Sam Maresh had a condition that was widely reported to the media. Bob your trying to stir the pot without a lot to go on.

Well Badger Bob, good to hear that things going well at the beach over there. Why so many people living and working from Wisconsin over here? Nothing to do, no jobs, no quality of life? I work with people from Wisconsin they all have tunnel vision. Good grief if it so nice over there, stay off our boards and tell the folks to move back and get a job over there if you can't handle an honest mistake.

And I would never say all Badger fans are anything in particular. But I think this perfectly summarizes a huge share of their fanbase.

Now that rickrolling is soooo 2005 (or so...not gonna look up the first instance) I now fear that I'm going to get "Whiskey Butt-Rolled" from now on. Oh the whore...I mean the horror.

For the best ever version of "Smells like Rick Astley" click the link over there<-

Ryan is someone I know, and like, so I will say that he did nothing wrong on this matter.

Ryan is someone I know, and like, so I will say that he did nothing wrong on this matter.

Stop with that Doogie. We've moved past that to putting a troll in his place, and making fun of Wisconsin in general. Now look at the above post and enjoy Smells Like Rick Astley - even though that has nothing to do with making fun of Wisconsin, but it's getting late for a guy like me, and I will make with the non sequitur if I damn well please.

Kool Aid wrote:

Someone posting a tweet by a reliable source about a hole in Beau Allen's heart? Is that the post you are referring to?

A "reliable source". How is this possible when the info was dead wrong? It just belies any form of logic that you could write such a thing. Did you think before you hit send?

As for Doogie: I don't care if Ryan is your brother! How is the fact you know him and like him have any relevance to whether he did anything wrong? You can defend him if you chose, but knowing him has absolutely nothing to do with the issue. If fact it give you a bias and shows you lack and objectivity.

The post about Allen would not have been tolerated over here if he were a Gopher. You can bet you all would be hopping mad. There is some standard of decency that should apply, internet or not, when we are talking about the health of an 18 year old. Instead, the standard seems to be: here's a rumor lets go with it. Sadly, and as I suspected, not one of you over here is willing to stand up and call out Ryan for his irresponsible post. I can assure you I would raise hell with Badger fans, and have on certain issues, when posts are over the top. Allen is in Madison and doing well in summer workouts. This will not effect him. Just a lot of sour grapes from Gopher fans who were disappointed by his committement.

Badger1Bob, settle down dude, the guy is a very reliable source and the post/ tweet was deleted immediately. A reporter has never gotten bad information before? I believe there was only one perfect human. How do you know his account was broken into because that's never happened before.

Ryan has no bias for or against him. Most Gopher fans wish the best for the kid but he is not a player that we will miss that much because he simply is not that good just a big body.

You Badger fans are always so classy. Do you remember your message boards when Eric Decker got hurt there were two plus pages loving it, only one poster said tough loss. Most of the conference can't stand your fans anyways, but you keep ripping us, stay cool bro.

Kool Aid wrote:

A "reliable source". How is this possible when the info was dead wrong? It just belies any form of logic that you could write such a thing. Did you think before you hit send?

As for Doogie: I don't care if Ryan is your brother! How is the fact you know him and like him have any relevance to whether he did anything wrong? You can defend him if you chose, but knowing him has absolutely nothing to do with the issue. If fact it give you a bias and shows you lack and objectivity.

The post about Allen would not have been tolerated over here if he were a Gopher. You can bet you all would be hopping mad. There is some standard of decency that should apply, internet or not, when we are talking about the health of an 18 year old. Instead, the standard seems to be: here's a rumor lets go with it. Sadly, and as I suspected, not one of you over here is willing to stand up and call out Ryan for his irresponsible post. I can assure you I would raise hell with Badger fans, and have on certain issues, when posts are over the top. Allen is in Madison and doing well in summer workouts. This will not effect him. Just a lot of sour grapes from Gopher fans who were disappointed by his committement.

CoolStoryBro.jpg

Kool Aid wrote:

It is quite obvious that there is more to the story than a 100% false rumor getting out. I'm not sure why the family thinks this is so awful to have out, but that's their right I guess. I don't understand the outrage from you though Bob. It's not a false report about a rape incident or something, it's about a health concern, and most gopher fans were sending well wishes and feeling bad for the kid. What did gopher fans do that was indecent? It's obvious that there's some sort of cover up here, and for what? It's silly and adds fuel to the fire. There's info out, it's best to correct it if it's wrong and move on.

Kool Aid wrote:

Who says Ryan's post is, to use your description, "irresponsible?"

Top Bottom