First major hurdle - Rutgers football loses star linebacker Mohamed Toure with torn ACL

99Gopher

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what kind of depth Rutgers has to manage this. It's basically the equivalent of us losing Cody for the year as Toure is on a lot of the same watchlists as Cody.

Time to fire the coaching and training staffs at Rutgers! Or are preseason injuries malfeasance only for the Gophers... 🤔

Time to fire the coaching and training staffs at Rutgers! Or are preseason injuries malfeasance only for the Gophers... 🤔
I know, I know, there are quirky and random aspects to injuries, and that football is a rough game. I'm just sick of them occurring before the season starts.

I know, I know, there are quirky and random aspects to injuries, and that football is a rough game. I'm just sick of them occurring before the season starts.
What about before halftime of the first game when your best player is having a career game? We’ve had some rough luck with big player injuries over the last few years no doubt

Wonder if this will temper some of the Rutgers love they're getting this preseason. It seems people forget who the QB is over there.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I've never experienced a more cocky fanbase anywhere. Nobody bothered us in the stadium, but while we were out at the bars/restaurants pregame, I've never been taunted so much at an away location. At Madison you get yelled at, but that's more of a "hate" thing. This was a "we're going to kick your ass" arrogance in deriding the Gophers. Certainly unwarranted as the Gophers were favored by at least 3 TD's and ended up winning the game 42-7.

PJ is from the Schiano school so I bet this was a result of the 6am practices
Kinda funny as this year PJ did some talking about how their staff will hold guys out a lot to hopefully avoid this kind of things.

Top Bottom