First Home Game Menu

Reaction score
I know it's early, but if anyone is like me, they're going to use this summer to perfect recipes for tailgating. Any one have some thoughts or suggestions for that first tailgate grub?? I'm thinking about two different choices:

1. A Minnesota Theme: Brats & Burgers served with a side of Tater Tot/Wild Rice Hot Dish & an ear of corn. Walleye Fingers for an appetizer. All Washed down with Summit.

2. Surf & Turf: Grilled T-Bone with Shrimp. Sides of Baked Potato and grilled veggies. Buffalo Wings for an appetizer. All washed down with Blue Moon.

Bloody Marys and Miller Lite. I'll eat on Sunday.

I've got 2 bottles of 2008 Surly Darkness saved up for opening day. I'll be basing my tailgating meals around those two bottles.

listen up punks

The menu should be something different. Be creative!

I enjoy planning the foodie portion of any tailgate but for this one

we are going a different route - catering in the food. I'm not sure I want to take my eyes off that beautiful stadium and attempt to cook at the same time.

First game will be heavy on the Minnesota Theme. The menu below should tell you where I am from originally....

Appetizers:

SPAM Kabobs - SPAM cubes and Pineapple cubes glazed with a sweet sauce and slow cooked on the grill.

Main course:

Hormel Hot Dogs served Chicago style.

Hormel Ribs precooked ready to warm up on the grill. Slightly glazed with Buffalo Wild Wings Caribean Jerk sauce.

Other fixins to be determined.

Drinks: My famous pre-mixed Bloody's with Northern Beer chaser.

diehard--always room for more tailgaters at my spot.

gofur-- i would guess austin minnesota. nice menu. i am going to do ribs one of games. I use the Weber Smokey Mountain smoker. Low & slow with local apple wood smoke

right here dudes...

Sirloin bull bites, walleye fingers and beans. French fries and french silk for desert. After the game, mini shrimp sticks with peppers. I am stepping it up for this one.

Feeling - Thinking a little pulled pork, slaw and smoked beans. BBQ and football. Nothing better!!!

Mac and cheese from the box. White bread and margarine. Plain chips with no salsa. Light beer.

Papu style spareribs, Vinha D'Alhos, Mango Chutney all washed down with a few Primo's. Also my version of Brewster's Kool-Aid...Mele Kalikimaki Rum Punch.

I'm opening 2 cans of Air Force Whoop Ass to simmer with my Dadgum Hot Chili.

Beer from Hawaii

Cool I'll have to try it. Can you find it locally?

Mac and cheese from the box. White bread and margarine. Plain chips with no salsa. Light beer.

LOL -- Great post.....but I'll eat something (anything) else.:)

Papu style spareribs, Vinha D'Alhos, Mango Chutney all washed down with a few Primo's. Also my version of Brewster's Kool-Aid...Mele Kalikimaki Rum Punch.

Man oh man, can I hang out with you guys?? I'll bring the tiki mugs and the rum!!

Tailgating menus are easy

The only thing you have to remember about tailgate meal preparation is this:

Beer has food value. Food has no beer value.

My wife's fried chicken and homemade colslaw. If you like KFC this version would put it to shame. Washed down with a couple of Fat Tires and after game martini

Top Bottom