Fired Cal assistant basketball coach admits propositioning reporter for sex

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the San Jose Mercury News:

In an explosive admission, fired UC Berkeley assistant basketball coach Yann Hufnagel told a campus investigator that he tried to lure a female reporter up to his apartment for sex after a game last year and later joked in a text about having her over for sex with him and his friend.

The new details emerged Tuesday in investigative reports the university released into the sexual harassment case that cost Hufnagel his job, just days before the Bears tip off in the NCAA basketball tournament.

The campus investigator asked Hufnagel about the reporter's accusation that he pressured her for sex after convincing her to drive back with him from a downtown brewpub and closing the parking garage door behind them: "With all candor," he responded, "I was trying to trick her into going upstairs."

The reporter told UC Berkeley that after she rebuffed the coach's advances, he denied her access to the information she needed to cover the team and she eventually lost her job. In the report, Hufnagel disputes that he withheld information from her.

http://www.mercurynews.com/education/ci_29642155

Go Gophers!!

Yawn, who cares?
Maybe not many, however there is this which seems to be pretty problematic:
"The reporter told UC Berkeley that after she rebuffed the coach's advances, he denied her access to the information she needed to cover the team and she eventually lost her job. "

If only he had gotten Affirmative Consent forms in triplicate and notarized.[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We're not the only school to which this sort of thing happens.
+1 but it is easier to kick an assistant coach to the curb and solve the problem.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom