FireClaeys.com

I like the sentiment. A lot.

Being picky: The statement "previous 8-win seasons have occurred twice since 1968 is wrong though."

Kill: 2013 (8), 2014 (8)
Mason: 1999 (8), 2002 (8), 2003 (10)

Being picky: The statement "previous 8-win seasons have occurred twice since 1968 is wrong though."

5, we're almost a DYNASTY!

domain was just registered today. i wonder how many 7-2 teams have similar issues with their coach. gophers were seconds away from 8-1. our team has beaten 7 teams that we were suppose to beat and competitively played in 2 close games to teams that were favored to win.

Didn't know that Sparlimb was smart enough to start a website![emoji57]/s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it! I'm glad that a sane person bought the URL instead of one of the crazies who infest this board.

This logic also doesn't make much sense. If you use this point in the history of our program the seasons were much shorter up until like the 70s-80s? An 8 win season back in the 40s, 50s or 60s was a really good year.

Now 8 wins is not great. All it means is you're winn 66.6% of your games, which in realty isn't a huge accomplishment considering you probably sprinkle in 2 cupcake opponents in your non-conference slate.

I'm not saying fire Tracy but I'm tired of this being used as a point to defend him.

This logic also doesn't make much sense. If you use this point in the history of our program the seasons were much shorter up until like the 70s-80s? An 8 win season back in the 40s, 50s or 60s was a really good year.

Now 8 wins is not great. All it means is you're winn 66.6% of your games, which in realty isn't a huge accomplishment considering you probably sprinkle in 2 cupcake opponents in your non-conference slate.

I'm not saying fire Tracy but I'm tired of this being used as a point to defend him.

Agreed.

My evaluation criteria would look something like this:
B1G winning percentage
Overall winning percentage
Meaningful wins (i.e. rivalries, signature wins, "program-building" wins, prime-time, huge upsets)
Meaningful bowl appearances (top 1/3 of bowls)

I've said it a few times... we need to start winning some games we're not supposed to win (e.g. Nebraska and Wisconsin).

Agreed.

My evaluation criteria would look something like this:
B1G winning percentage
Overall winning percentage
Meaningful wins (i.e. rivalries, signature wins, "program-building" wins, prime-time, huge upsets)
Meaningful bowl appearances (top 1/3 of bowls)

I've said it a few times... we need to start winning some games we're not supposed to win (e.g. Nebraska and Wisconsin).

What happens when we get to a point when we are supposed to win all our games....kinda like tOSU now. We going to complain that our schedule is soft?

Needs some video or animation or I'm not going back.

This is why I judge success solely on consecutive bowl games attended because you have to earn them with a stellar record.

It's his first year. Can't fire a coach after year one if they win eight games

Top Bottom