Fire Brewster (bring in Dungy)

GopherNation

Reaction score
I'm tired of these terrible games. Loosing to SDSU in the 2nd quarter is pathetic. Everyone is on his nuts because he can recruit, but what does it matter if he can't get max potential out of the players on his team. Bring in Dungy. Stop sticking up for this clown, it's year three and I see no progress.

What's crazy is Mason knew how to get the best out of his 2 & 3 star recruits and Brewster seems to be struggling with way more talent at his hands.......

I'd love to have Tony Dungy coach the Gophers but there is no way that is going to happen.

Dungy was on The Dan Patrick show and was talking about coaching and the topic of recruiting came up and the grind that it can be. His quote was something to the effect of "that is why I would never want to be a college coach."

It could have been hyperbole too, as they were referencing negative recruiting and having to kiss up to 18 yr old kids.

whats crazy is how dumb the small group of fire brewster seem to be! we are an average team, we have yet to actually tap into brews recruits, if you dont believe that it takes 4-5 years to turn this program around then you obviously have never played sports and you know nothing about college football. there is no way to turn a bad program around in 2 years and 9 games. with what was left over to brewster from masons horrible recruits. we were not thinking we had a chance for more than a 6-7 win season and we are right on pace with that.

if dungy wanted to coach here it would have happened already. he has a nice gig at the moment. get over your win now theory because its not nor has it ever been realistic! we are not alabama with nick saban. your all dumb!

Look how bad it has come to. We are talking about Mason's coaching ability.

Time to go

If Brewster can't get anything out of these players,why do people think he will next season or after that? He won't pull a QB who obviously needs to benched which shows that he won't or can't make the tough or unpopular decisions. If he can't do that now,he probably won't in the future.He can recruit but can't coach. I don't see that changing now or ever.

If Brewster can't get anything out of these players,why do people think he will next season or after that? He won't pull a QB who obviously needs to benched which shows that he won't or can't make the tough or unpopular decisions. If he can't do that now,he probably won't in the future.He can recruit but can't coach. I don't see that changing now or ever.

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahah another stupid post! i wonder how many more will be written today. i supported mason until i was blue in the face, but his ticket was punched after losing that massive lead to texas tech. i strongly believe that no coach will ever get a fair shot at minnesota because once a new stadium was built fans started to believe we were now a contender for a national title. sure would be nice but its not realistic. fire brew and when dungy turns the job down, then what? hire some other joker for 2-3 years and when he is still sitting on the bottom half of the big ten fire him, then what, probably have to hire some first time coach again so he can boost his resume.

lakesgopher - that's right, keep on cheering mediocre football. I am glad the team's progression this year is acceptable to you.

Can you give us an example of him proving his great coaching ability? Maybe I missed it. I've been to busy writing stupid posts. If the guy can't coach,he can't coach no matter if they are his players or Mason's. We are struggling against South Dakota State for crying outloud. Do I need to reming you about NDSU? Get real.

fans started to believe we were now a contender for a national title. sure would be nice but its not realistic.

Fans started to believe that we could easily dispose of a 1-AA team with no offense and a two-win Illinois team. Shame on them.

I'm tired of these terrible games. Loosing to SDSU in the 2nd quarter is pathetic. Everyone is on his nuts because he can recruit, but what does it matter if he can't get max potential out of the players on his team. Bring in Dungy. Stop sticking up for this clown, it's year three and I see no progress.

He has the 5th or 6th ranked recruiting class in the 11-team Big Ten. That's not good recruiting!!!

What's crazy is Mason knew how to get the best out of his 2 & 3 star recruits and Brewster seems to be struggling with way more talent at his hands.......

easy to explain....Brewster is a HORRIBLE coach. His time is officially over I think. This game is he un-doing. Don't let the door hit you on your way out

If anyone on this f'ing board brings up Tony Dungy again I'm done, I'll just continue to believe these people are kidding and failed on a funny joke. SHUT THE F UP ABOUT DUNGY U IDIOTS.

On another note, I've been a big Brew supporter over the years and his recruiting success has been enough to get me on board with him. However, after suffering this year through terrible personal decisions (Gray sitting on the bench) and terrible coaching mistakes (passing plays on 1st and goals from the 6" line twice this year and arguable costing us those games) I'm about to jump off. Thank God I was unable to make the game today, I would lose my voice booing Weber. If we lost today and fire Brew I'm on board with that, hopefully this time around if Maturi has guys like Pelini and Kiffin wanting to coach here he fulls his f'ing head out of his a$$ or steps down so someone with a football IQ can make the decision. OK, I'm done.

poor coaching, having to call a timeout off of another time out, how about a squib kick giving SDSu the ball at midfield, all that in just the past 2 minutes. FIRE BREW, FIRE BREW!

Top Bottom