Field Wall Height

g1976b

Reaction score
Can anyone definitively answer the question on how high the walls are that separate the seating area from the playing field?? I've heard anywhere from 4-11 feet. That's a HUGE difference!!

From Page 11 of the Gopher Stadium Seat Selection Guide - Stadium Quick Facts:

1) The railing in the front row of the lower and upper decks is 32 inches high.

9) The front row of the lower level is four feet above field level, similar to the Metrodome.

10) The front row of the lower level is 15 feet closer to the sideline than the Metrodome."

Thanks UpNorth! I don't have my guide with me and can't seem to find the electronic version online. The FAQ link seems to be broken too...

How about the "rise" of each row? Anyone know approximately how much height is gained with each additional row? I'm guessing 12-16", but really have no clue.

Stair steps in the dome

Were off. The rise was not uniform. I constantly saw people heading up the steps and tripping. Certainly TCF has this solved.

Were off. The rise was not uniform. I constantly saw people heading up the steps and tripping. Certainly TCF has this solved.

Sorry, but the rise is not uniform in TCF either. It varies by 1-2 inches from the bottom to the top of each level. The change is gradual (maybe 1/8" per row, so 1/16" per step), so you shouldn't see too many people tripping.

The rise was not uniform. I constantly saw people heading up the steps and tripping. Certainly TCF has this solved.

I saw an older lady wipe out big time in between sections 103 & 104 during the Indiana game last year. She must've missed a step and did a face plant. She was embarrassed, but fine. She also lost a dome dog, popcorn, and pop out of the deal. What's that, like 20 bucks?

The rise was not uniform. I constantly saw people heading up the steps and tripping. Certainly TCF has this solved.

Well, it may depend on whether they'll be serving alcohol or not. One must never underestimate that variable...

Top Bottom