FCS Playoff Game: Sam Houston State vs Montana . . .

DL65

Reaction score
is an interesting game. Sam Houston State is up 21-0 after one quarter. Montana dismantled a good University of Northern Iowa team last week, but this week they are being picked apart.

The offensive coordinator at Sam Houston State is Bob DeBesse . . . if his name sounds familiar, he was Jim Wacker's OC at Minnesota.

The winner of tonight's game will play the winner of North Dakota State and Georgia Southern University game that will be played tomorrow.

Switching back and forth with the Mt. Union and U of Wisconsin - Whitewater on ESPN 2 and the Sam Houston game on ESPN.

Also of interest, for me, the assistant head coach and wide receivers coach for Sam Houston, Jeff Conway, is from our community. I've known him since his playing days for the Knoxville, IA Panthers in the late 1970s. He played his college ball at Northwest Missouri State (a traditional power in Dvision II play). In 1997, Jeff was the head coach at Blinn Junior College at Brenham, TX and then left for New Mexico University to join Rocky Long's team as a TE coach. Good coach, good recruiter, and, more importantly, a good person.

Go Gophers!!

Kind of odd that this game gets a decent TV slot on a Friday night on ESPN. I believe the Bison game is stuck on ESPNU tomorrow.

Top Bottom