Favre and Weber

MNGophers

Reaction score
Maybe this has been brought up, maybe not.

Before the Vikes signed Favre he was working out with a high school team in Mississippi. Do you think maybe he would be able to work out, talk to or whatever with Weber? Or is this a major NCAA rules violation? Its not a NFL coach doing it so I would think it would be OK. Not to sure on the rules regarding this.

It seems to me that NFL and college players have worked out together before and with the relationship that Childress and Brewster have you would think this is possible.

I'm not sure. Stockton always went back to Gonzaga to work with their guards during his off-season. I actually thought of this over the weekend with Fitzgerald having his Pro Reciever camp in Minneapolis, and thought boy would that be a great recruiting sell if the Gophers could spend some time with them.

You have to understand Favre has zero interest in this I would bet. When the Packers drafted Aaron Rogers that is when Favre lost interest in Green Bay. Remember the interview when he said something along the lines of, "I am trying to win a Super Bowl, not mentor some other QB." Favre was in Mississippi throwing passes to kids to keep his arm in shape.

Why would a NFL MVP candidate help a struggling college quarterback who plays for Minnesota? If anything, he'll help the kids who actually have a chance for a NFL career, and that have potential, unlike Webber.

Why would a NFL MVP candidate help a struggling college quarterback who plays for Minnesota? If anything, he'll help the kids who actually have a chance for a NFL career, and that have potential, unlike Webber.

lots of trying too hard in this post.

Top Bottom