Fauci FOIA release

GopherJake

Reaction score
There was no reason to use those other names pejoratively
So assuming that is correct, that's the difference. We had our asshat President using it pejoratively over-and-over, influencing his dumb-assed acolytes, with the world watching. That ain't cool. It's unacceptable and piss poor leadership.

golf

Reaction score
So assuming that is correct, that's the difference. We had our asshat President using it pejoratively over-and-over, influencing his dumb-assed acolytes, with the world watching. That ain't cool. It's unacceptable and piss poor leadership.

Do you think media/dems spent and spend more time attacking trump for using china virus or more time calling out china for killing millions and trying to dodge blame for doing so?

Although the media/dems disagree, china needs to wear this. Nothing wrong with identifying it as china virus. Focus should be on identifying this virus with china, can include messaging protecting chinese americans if desired.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Do you think media/dems spent and spend more time attacking trump for using china virus or more time calling out china for killing millions and trying to dodge blame for doing so?

Although the media/dems disagree, china needs to wear this. Nothing wrong with identifying it as china virus. Focus should be on identifying this virus with china, can include messaging protecting chinese americans if desired.
Better to call it the Communist Virus (it can have a double meaning). 😏

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
One day, 45 decided that the ratings for his daily updates needed a boost, so he called the virus, which already was commonly known as Corona or Covid 19 China Virus.

There wasn’t a need to rename it, there was an urgency to be rid of it. Lacking the ability to do the latter, he did the former.

Certainly China Virus follows historical naming protocol.

That isn’t why he did it. It was meant to be a distraction and it worked. His enemies lost their cheese and his minions supported him, despite no reason to change the name other than to distract.

I am so glad he’s gone.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
https://www.factcheck.org/2021/06/scicheck-viral-posts-pundits-distort-fauci-emails/

Viral Posts, Pundits Distort Fauci Emails

Thousands of pages of redacted emails to and from Dr. Anthony Fauci are now publicly available, thanks to journalists’ Freedom of Information Act requests. Some of those messages have been distorted in viral posts, particularly about face masks, the origins of the coronavirus and the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine.

The “fact checkers“ stunning lack of skepticism is the most notable thing about that write up. It’s true nobody knows the true origin of Covid-19 buts it’s also true K.G. Andersen and some others have been less than forthright and scientific in their discussions and explanations.

While some of the firebrands in the media are going to take their accusations too far the “fact checkers” completely ignored the arguments of other prominent scientists that explain in mathematical, molecular biological, and epidemiological terms why Andersen’s views are not balanced (for reasons that can be deduced or induced) and his conflicts of interest and urge to shutter discussion should be questioned.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Tom Fitton: "One of the big issues is, why are we now getting them? Whether Judicial Watch or these other media outlets got them. We’ve asked for these documents for a year. They’ve been slow-rolling the release of documents. And you know the reason they told us they are slow-rolling them? In part because Fauci himself is reviewing each document before it is released… I’ve been doing this fo 24 years. I am not aware of a senior official like Fauci being directly involved in FOIA releases the way the government told us he is."

golf

Reaction score
One day, 45 decided that the ratings for his daily updates needed a boost, so he called the virus, which already was commonly known as Corona or Covid 19 China Virus.

There wasn’t a need to rename it, there was an urgency to be rid of it. Lacking the ability to do the latter, he did the former.

That isn’t why he did it. It was meant to be a distraction and it worked. His enemies lost their cheese and his minions supported him, despite no reason to change the name other than to distract.

I am so glad he’s gone.

If china virus is unacceptable then some other ways must be found to make china pay a dear price. China is a bully and the only thing bullies understand is strength. It is confounding how china has almost come off as a sympathetic figure in all this.

Why should xi hesitate to take taiwan? There is no evidence that he would pay too heavy a price. Xi in taiwan opens the pacific up to china and will be a huge blow to american status/influence around the world.

But maybe we are too busy squabbling amongst ourselves in this country that we dont really care about all that. Maybe at this point we think american ideals arent really worth fighting for anyway.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Looks like we know why the Fauci emails were released. :)

The DIA has had one of the highest level defectors ever from China in the fold for the past 90+ days.

"A person believed to be among the highest-ranking defectors ever to the United States from the People’s Republic of China has been working with the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) for months, sources inside the intelligence community have told RedState on condition of anonymity. The defector has direct knowledge of special weapons programs in China, including bioweapons programs, those sources say.

“Sources tell RedState the defector has been with the DIA for three months and that he has provided an extensive, technically detailed debrief to US officials. In DIA’s assessment, the information provided by the defector is legitimate. Sources say the level of confidence in the defector’s information is what has led to a sudden crisis of confidence in Dr. Anthony Fauci, adding that U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) personnel detailed to DIA have corroborated very technical details of information provided by the defector.

EXCLUSIVE: High-Ranking Chinese Defector Has 'Direct Knowledge' of Several Chinese Special Weapons Programs

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Just as interesting as the DIA having a defector from China with information about the lab leak in Wuhan, is this nugget...

"FBI Director Christopher Wray was “ambushed” with the information, they say, and Langley was also unaware. Sources say DIA leadership kept the defector within their Clandestine Services network to prevent Langley and the State Department from accessing the person, whose existence was kept from other agencies because DIA leadership believes there are Chinese spies or sources inside the FBI, CIA, and several other federal agencies."

EXCLUSIVE: High-Ranking Chinese Defector Has 'Direct Knowledge' of Several Chinese Special Weapons Programs

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Mmmmhmmm.... suspicious cat.jpg

Interesting Timing - Obama Administration Lifted Block on "Gain of Function Research", Just Eleven Days Before President Trump Took Office, January 9th, 2017

"SUMMARY: President Obama (not Trump) started the reauthorization of SARS-CoV-2 Virus experimentation in 2017. The funding of the Wuhan Lab for the creation of SARS-CoV-2 was originated during the Obama administration and continued during the Trump administration. The scientific community, the Obama White House and National Security Team, and the Pentagon knew the dangers of funding the weaponization of a biological weapon from SARS. The COVID-19 pandemic was an outcome of these originating decisions.

…. and yes, there are political and ideological benefits from the perspective of Obama’s ideological group for unleashing the SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic as an opportunistic “crisis” to create totalitarian government solutions regardless of who was in office. However, the timing of the subsequent biological release is very suspicious in relation to the 2020 presidential election and the downstream benefits of manipulating the election via mail-in ballots.

Perhaps not a smoking gun of intent, but definitely bloody footprints walking out the door – in Obama’s size."

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
If china virus is unacceptable then some other ways must be found to make china pay a dear price. China is a bully and the only thing bullies understand is strength. It is confounding how china has almost come off as a sympathetic figure in all this.

Why should xi hesitate to take taiwan? There is no evidence that he would pay too heavy a price. Xi in taiwan opens the pacific up to china and will be a huge blow to american status/influence around the world.

But maybe we are too busy squabbling amongst ourselves in this country that we dont really care about all that. Maybe at this point we think american ideals arent really worth fighting for anyway.
China virus is just fine. Boy, I bet it really taught them a lesson calling it that.

golf

Reaction score
China virus is just fine. Boy, I bet it really taught them a lesson calling it that.

Well china sure joined the media in howling racist when trump used the term so definitely struck a nerve. But agree china virus is just a start. Must be more.

Last edited:

bga1

Reaction score

I am so glad he’s gone.
You are glad he is gone because you don't like the truth.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Apparently he indeed hosts a show on Fox News. Shocking. I can't believe KGF hasn't sung his praises yet.
Yeah, b/c I “sing the praises” of FNC opinion show hosts all the time. 🙄

Ok smartass, name one FNC opinion host that I’ve sang the praises here? Just 1.

The only opinion host I’ve posted anything about has been Tucker Carlson, and most of my opinion on him is that he is too self-righteous, anti-establishment for me.

So STFU on BS that is false.

howeda7

Reaction score
Yeah, b/c I “sing the praises” of FNC opinion show hosts all the time. 🙄

Ok smartass, name one FNC opinion host that I’ve sang the praises here? Just 1.

The only opinion host I’ve posted anything about has been Tucker Carlson, and most of my opinion on him is that he is too self-righteous, anti-establishment for me.

So STFU on BS that is false.
You've defended Laura, Hannity and others. But I'm not interested in a 12 post debate over what constitutes "singing their praises".

Spoofin

Reaction score
You've defended Laura, Hannity and others. But I'm not interested in a 12 post debate over what constitutes "singing their praises".
Being that you are involved, I think it is fair to assume “defended” should also be in quotes. DHB.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
other prominent scientists that explain in mathematical, molecular biological, and epidemiological terms why Andersen’s views are not balanced
Please provide the links to these "prominent" scientists writings on that topic, and I will read them with interest. Thank you

MplsGopher

Reaction score
if you condemn fauci/media/dem defense of china regarding origin of china virus.
I need specific statements from specific people. And would also like to know what you would say/do instead.

If you provide that, I may well agree with your positions.

Section2

Reaction score
I agree with the point of this. Are you aware of whether or not the names were used pejoratively? That's the issue here, of course.
Those other viruses weren’t created in a government lab.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Those other viruses weren’t created in a government lab.
That hasn't been proven. And it most certainly wasn't proven when your asshat was using it. Swing and a miss. Just be honest for once. You don't actually disagree with every single thing one of your enemies thinks. Man up.

BarnBurner

Banned
Reaction score

Jam Jam Clan loves China and hates America. Easy explanation. Just look at the comments below.

Section2

Reaction score

I am so glad he’s gone.
It was commonly called the Wuhan coronavirus. Then the media/Dems decided to change that, when there was no need, except an Avenue to attack the president as xenophobic. You have the order of events wrong.

golf

Reaction score
I need specific statements from specific people. And would also like to know what you would say/do instead.

If you provide that, I may well agree with your positions.

Cool. And i am not tied to china virus. Just think somehow, someway china needs to pay a steep price.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score

bga1

Reaction score
Your laziness is not my concern. Pay attention. Starter link

It is an incredible indictment of the left that scientists now have to beg for a safe space in order to investigate something that is not accepted dogma. The fear of being ruined in the scientific and pseudo intellectual community for failing to toe the line is real and devastating to science.

Section2

Reaction score
That hasn't been proven. And it most certainly wasn't proven when your asshat was using it. Swing and a miss. Just be honest for once. You don't actually disagree with every single thing one of your enemies thinks. Man up.
I’ll be honest. The media called it the Wuhan coronavirus for weeks. Then they changed. Here are the options as I see it
1)China didn’t like it and has enough influence with our media to push the change
2)Would be a way to make Trump look bad

it was either lab made or passed by eating bats from wet markets. Certainly as deserving of the name of the virus being regionally based as any.

Top Bottom