Fast Mitch vs. Slow Mitch

WestTexasGopher

Reaction score
Someone on another thread noted ML's play "by instinct" in the hurry-up was much better than at the typical pace. Who has the time to re-watch the game and figure our what those stats are. The final drive in regulation would be evidence of Fast Mitch being a better passer but what about the rest of the game?

I think going in I read or heard something about the altitude possibly being a factor in how much hurry-up we used. We also traveled far enough west that BTN couldn't even show us on their weather maps. From what I've seen the first two weeks, I think we'll use a lot more hurry-up when we get to the B1G schedule, but something makes me think we won't see it a lot the next two weeks to limit the film on it.

I think going in I read or heard something about the altitude possibly being a factor in how much hurry-up we used. We also traveled far enough west that BTN couldn't even show us on their weather maps. From what I've seen the first two weeks, I think we'll use a lot more hurry-up when we get to the B1G schedule, but something makes me think we won't see it a lot the next two weeks to limit the film on it.

Crafty

I think Mitch gets into a rhythm better with the no-huddle. I'm not sure if it's due to instincts taking over or if he is more relaxed, but his rhythm seems to be adversely affected when the offense huddles up.

I wonder if this is part of the increase in no-huddle? I didn't follow Kill at NIU or before but my impression is that they didn't do much no-huddle there. Could it be that they are in part adjusting to tendencies they see in Mitch? But, I'm sure the coaches've noticed this more than our unschooled eyes have. So, if true, whether relaxed, instincts, rhythm, whatever, if ML plays better in hurry-up then I'm guessing we'll see more of that.

Did we do any hurry up last season? Or, vs. Missouri? I don't recall it.

Top Bottom