Fascinating, extremely in depth podcast with recruiting coordinator Billy Glasscock!

die hard gopher

Reaction score

Absolutely a must listen if you are an avid follower of gopher football recruiting. Starts at the 8:40 mark of the podcast. Glasscock says they have watched film for over 9,000 potential recruits just in the 2015 class alone.

https://audioboom.com/boos/2865170-...&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter#t=19m0s

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Excellent, fun interview!!! In addition to watching film on 9,000 kids in this class, I found some other quotes interesting.
"Twitter is the most important thing in the recruiting process" and "we know they can run, this class can run"
They love their offensive line recruits. Multiple players of year from their states we landed.
"Trust what you see" Didn't mention Still and WD40 but they are who I thought of as I said the same thing watching their film.
Most all of the kids they recruit they have a live evaluation of...either their camp or spring football in the south etc
Fun to listen to.
Thank you die hard!!!!

Definetly very interesting. I listened to it this morning when I woke up for work. Lots of good information. I highly recommend that anyone listen to it.

It shows you just how crazy things get, wow.

I loved the fact that helmet schools wrap up early evaluating 15 year olds, sophomores. See the kid who went to TOSU. While the Gophers recruit late off of Senior Film. His comment about why is spot on.

This pod cast is a must listen to understand the strategy used by the U for recruiting!!!!

Here are some key point that we see argued on this board:
- Kill will never sign a 5 star player unless they have some desire to be a Gopher (Kill likes to see the Senior year and most 5 stars are committed to helmet schools based upon sophomore films, way too early)
- Kill will never have a full recruiting class early in the season (he gets nervous when they get 6-7 recruits early and tells his coaches to hold back knowing that they get good players later)
- Kill will slow play on some sleeper players (they have seen that if they offer an undiscovered kid too early they can see that player pick up 6+ offers in about a week).
- Kill will not compete for many players with the Helmet schools (1/3 of all players in the NFL are from non-power 5 conferences. Are those 1/3 players good enough to have played at Alabama, of course they are playing in the NFL. The helmet schools will have filled up their classes early in areas like Florida, Texas, Alabama, Ohio, Michigan, etc... so they do not have room for the late bloomers. That makes it look like we are always competing against the smaller conferences for players in those areas when many of those players are good enough to play at any school.)

One of the most informative/interesting interviews I've ever listened to. This is the kind of insight that shows Kill and his staff's formula for success. It's simple logic. Even if Kill & Co. had their picks of 5 stars they probably wouldn't change a whole lot.

One of the most informative/interesting interviews I've ever listened to. This is the kind of insight that shows Kill and his staff's formula for success. It's simple logic. Even if Kill & Co. had their picks of 5 stars they probably wouldn't change a whole lot.

I would hope he would change if he had his pick of 5 stars.

MN Football Recruiting: Gopher Sports Podcast with Recruiting Dir. Billy Glasscock

Post all the National Signing Day hoopla, Minnesota recruiting director Billy Glasscock discusses the Gopher recruiting staff process in an excellent look-in to how a Power5 school operates on the trail, from film intake, evaluation and ultimately getting out on the road.

http://www.thedailygopher.com/2015/...ruiting-gopher-sports-podcast-with-recruiting

Listened to it on the ride home today. Sat in my car when i got home to finish the last twenty minutes, it was that good.
Another thing I took away from listening to this is how important Sawvel really is. He is truly the vanguard of this program.

I would hope he would change if he had his pick of 5 stars.

But that's the point. If he had his *pick* of 5 stars, that would mean that they had a desire to actually be Gophers, which would be in line with the values outlined above.

Help you guys! I can't figure out how to get the Glassock piece on my Android snm==martphone or my Windows 7 pc.

But that's the point. If he had his *pick* of 5 stars, that would mean that they had a desire to actually be Gophers, which would be in line with the values outlined above.

I agree. Kill's 4 and 5 star kids for the most part are going to be kids that are thinking of being a Gopher as a Sophomore or Junior in High school. Likely that local kid. Jojo Garcia and Carter Coughlin are the closest we have to that at this time. Getting them both on board before their junior school year is over would be huge.

Help you guys! I can't figure out how to get the Glassock piece on my Android snm==martphone or my Windows 7 pc.

Click the link that Killjoy provided or click here scroll down until you find the podcast.

If you want to expedite your listening, fast forward to about the 8:40 mark.

Hope this helps.

I get to the site, but it won't start. Do I have to do something special to get podcasts? Thanks

Finally listened to this today. It was absolutely outstanding. I love this coaching staff and most certainly trust Kill. Go Gophers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get an (Access denied) notice. Do I have to have a Facebook, twitter, or some other account. I don't have any of them.
Thanks for your help and patience.

I get an (Access denied) notice. Do I have to have a Facebook, twitter, or some other account. I don't have any of them.

I didn't have to sign in to listen to it. I think the sign in page was up but eventually it started playing.

This is outstanding. Thank you for posting. Shared with colleagues who found it equally informative.

Is there a child in the house to help you?

Top Bottom