Fascinating article in Golf Digest: Morgan Hoffmann left the PGA Tour in search of a cure. He found so much more

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dan:

IN A PAST LIFE, MORGAN HOFFMANN was a world No. 1 amateur, Oklahoma State phenom and PGA Tour check-casher with cropped hair, biceps bulging out of his polo and a sparkling new crib in Jupiter, Fla. That was before a half-decade slog through a nightmare somehow brought him to paradise. He now stands proudly inside a sprawling mountaintop house with no doors or windows in the jungle of Costa Rica, his curly golden locks cascading to his shoulders, barefoot, feeding fresh-ground peanut butter to three dogs and two cats. It’s Monday, but it could be Saturday for the same price.

The impetus for my visit is rumors, rather colorful ones, about Hoffmann’s life. “I heard he drinks his own piss.” (True . . . sort of.) “He’s down in Costa Rica and never plays golf anymore.” (Again, partly true.) In March 2021, he wrote in a blog post that he had stepped away from golf but hoped to return. Intrigued, I called him. A few months later, in the kitchen of his new home, he’s explaining why he will play on the PGA Tour again.

Go Tom Lehman!!

I saw a segment on Hoffman on the Golf Channel. An amazing tale. He teed it up in the this past weekend at the RBC Heritage, and played solid but missed the cut by 1.

Top Bottom