Farrell 50 — the top 50 players in college football (#18. RB Mohamed Ibrahim, Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Farrell:

#18. Mohamed Ibrahim:

The skinny: Minnesota was not a major player for Ibrahim until PJ Fleck took control of the program. He quickly made Ibrahim a priority, which led to the three-star's commitment.

Averaging over five yards per carry during his Gophers career, Ibrahim rushed for 1,076 yards and 15 touchdowns this fall in only seven games. The 2020 Big Ten Running Back of the Year recently announced he is returning for the 2021 season.

Farrell’s take: Ibrahim was a high three-star coming out of high school who did a lot of things well. He could run with surprising power and bounce it outside. Ibrahim was a huge key to the Minnesota offense this last year and carried the Gophers for the most part this season.

Go Gophers!!

Knock on wood, that Mo continues to avoid the injury bug in spite of his heavy work load. Fingers crossed for 2021.
In the end, he averaged about 28 carries per game. Gophs will have a pair and a spare with Potts/Wiley. Williams should be in the mix as well. Will be interesting to see how Ky Thomas develops too.

Plus a couple of new 4*'s. We will have to see how they adjust to the college game. Curious about Thomas. I don't remember him ever getting into a game this year.

This could be a huge year for Mo. With line being stronger next year with everyone healthy and no Covid-19 concerns it will help. Plus, QB back and recievers a year more developed it should open things up. I feel real good about our offense and Mo's prospects. Hope he adds to measureables NFL is looking for.

Knock on wood, that Mo continues to avoid the injury bug in spite of his heavy work load. Fingers crossed for 2021.
He had a heavy per game workload, but with a short season and light usage prior years, he still has pretty low mileage.

Plus a couple of new 4*'s. We will have to see how they adjust to the college game. Curious about Thomas. I don't remember him ever getting into a game this year.
He didn't. Injury from what I remember.

I wonder if Jason Williamson might get in the mix, too. He was a devastating running in HS. in 2020, he was listed at 220lbs. If he gets up to 225-230, and keeps his skill set, he might be a nice change-of-pace “big” back; we haven’t had an effective one since Koby McCrory. Seeing how a guy line Groshek of the Badgers tore thru us in the 4th Q, it might be nice to have a RB like that in the arsenal. Wiley is tall, a good receiver, can get outside, etc., but he isn’t quite that type of punishing inside back.

Top Bottom