Farmington Independent: FHS grad to return to Minnesota as position coach with the U

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Farmington Independent:

Farmington High School graduate Matt Simon will be returning to the area, this time as a wide receivers coach for the Gopher football team.

On Wednesday, Jan. 11, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that newly-hired coach P.J. Fleck and offensive coordinator Kirk Ciarrocca will bring a number of Western Michigan assistant coaches with them to head the team, including Simon, Brian Callahan, and Rob Wenger.

Simon, who starred for the Tigers until he graduated in 2003, went on to a solid collegiate career from 2004-08 as a wide receiver at Northern Illinois. He has been a wide receivers coach under Fleck the last three years at Western Michigan. Fleck was also a wide receiver at Northern Illinois from 1999-2003 before becoming Simon's position coach with the Huskies.

http://www.farmingtonindependent.com/sports/4197852-fhs-grad-return-minnesota-position-coach-gophers

Go Gophers!!

Oh cool. Didn't know one of the new coaches was from MN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wha? I thought we were getting a coach from Edina.

Farmington, the football powerhouse of never...[emoji57]

This is ridiculous. I was told we would be getting an assistant coach from Edina.

I call Bull$hit on this. We were promised Edina and that is what we want.

Top Bottom