Fans + Defense were the difference last night

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
The fans (especially students) made the difference. They were so loud and Sy were down in that area a lot. It messed them up and inspired our guys. I also liked that the band didn't quit playing right away between plays. Took a little of the hurry up away from them. If we are only going to have one side of the ball real strong I would rather have it be the defense.

I will get truly excited about this team when I see the O-line control the line of scrimmage on run plays. I think we are that aspect of the game from being a pretty good team.

I agree with the fact that the fans really were into the game last night. It appeared that the entire stadium was up on their feet and screaming every 3rd down. Let's do it again !

Syracuse fans giving 0 credit to Minnesota. We left a lot of points on the board and absolutely demolished their O-line with 4 guys rushing.

Walked back to the west bank behind a group of Syracuse fans. They didn't say much but they did say that the stadium was very loud and that it was quite a home field advantage. I'm one of the (slightly) "gray hairs" that folks like to deride and our group was as loud as any in section 144 - can't wait to do it all again for the NW game and beyond. I hope the place is packed again.

This was my first game at the bank. My buddies and I were in section 138, 1st row and it had to be one of the most fun times I had ever had. I got a wave from Tubby, shouted out to recruits to get their butt's to this school, including tyus who gave a little head nod. Got to shake hands with Tyrone Carter and told him I was upset he didn't bring his SB ring. To top it all off, we snuck onto the field at the end and got to high five Shortell after his interview. The crowd was really into it last night, so loud. Had a very upset lady behind me, hitting me with her umbrella telling me to sit down. No way, 1st time at the Bank, great atmosphere, 1st row way too much fun to sit the whole game. She left early in the 4th quarter, was not happy with us. Who cares, last night was awesome, and I really think the crowd is coming around because several others around us told us we were fine and the fans need a change around here. I am excited to be apart of it...Will be back again this year!

Next time someone tells you to sit down get their name. We'll make a list, charter a plane and and take them to an LSU game down in Baton Rouge. They will henceforth be grateful for the peaceful confines of TCF :)

Top Bottom