Fairfield notes.

march madness

Reaction score
I may have seen a different game on my tv in colorado. I saw less ball line doubling of the post. I saw some good full court pressure.

Otto was 2-3 on threes and played some very meaningfull minutes. He also showed good ball handling and passing against their press. He is foul prown and is learning but I love his heart. A more athletic David Grimm?

Maverick is showing the most true pg skills. Andre still looks like a great combo guard, but not a pg.

We shot 27-31 from the free throw line!!!!

Ok the bad, 9 assists and 23 turnovers shows how it hurts to not have a real pg.

So far we're definitely going the PG by committee route. Tubby's pretty much going with the hot hand. That's OK by me. I thought Welch looked solid in the opener, but he's struggled the past couple games. Enter Maverick vs. SDSU, and then enter Andre (with Maverick) last night vs. Fairfield. Eventually 1 of the 3 is going to earn the major minutes, but until then I don't mind seeing them battle it out for PT. I sure like our PG options much better this year than last year (post-Al).

Top Bottom