Excellent Analysis from MV on the Offense

John Galt

Reaction score
This guy is as good as it gets for an intelligent discussion on Gopher football. Check out his detailed analysis of what's plaguing the offense:

http://www.fringebowlteamblog.com/?q=blog/gopher-xs-and-os-ol-blocking

It's encouraging to watch the video at the bottom of last year's Minnesota/Northern Illinois game. Just look at what this coaching staff will be able to do in time....we just need some patience.

Sadly Wynn and Bennett seemed to come up as the culprits on a lot of the plays he highlighted. In their defense, it's the fourth offense they've learned in 5 years and they've both had their share of injuries. I am interested to see if Mottla starts today.

I am so excited for the next three years of Tommy Olson's career. He is making some very good blocks as a true freshman! Most of the lineman he is up against have 3 or 4 years of Division 1 Strength and Conditioning to go along with there natural abilities and he is making some very good blocks at the ripe old age of 18 or 19! I wish he could have redshirted but there is no doubt that he will be a stellar mainstay on our OL for the next 3 years.

Top Bottom