Ex-NFL DT Tony Siragusa, 'The Goose,' dies at age 55

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:
Former NFL defensive tackle Tony Siragusa, known during his playing career as "The Goose," has died at age 55.

Siragusa's death was confirmed by Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay, who said in a tweet that he was "heart broken as is all of Colts Nation."

Irsay added in a follow-up tweet that, "The Goose squeezed 200 fun loving years into 55!!"

The cause of Siragusa's death was not immediately available.

"This is a really sad day,'' Siragusa's broadcast agent, Jim Ornstein, told The Associated Press. "Tony was way more than my client, he was family. My heart goes out to Tony's loved ones.''

Siragusa, who played 12 NFL seasons -- the first seven with the Colts and last five with the Baltimore Ravens -- retired from the NFL after the 2001 season.

Siragusa, who was 6-foot-3 and 330 pounds during his playing career, came to Baltimore as an unrestricted free agent in 1997 and, with Sam Adams, formed a 700-plus-pound defensive tackle tandem that proved to be nearly impenetrable.

Who knows what kinds of "substances" he may or may not have pumped into his body, to achieve peak performance, back in that era.

These men literally killed themselves (early) for us fans.

RIP Goose!

Who knows what kinds of "substances" he may or may not have pumped into his body, to achieve peak performance, back in that era.

These men literally killed themselves (early) for us fans.

RIP Goose!
Speculative to say it was substances at all.

I do know when I see a college lineman or pro lineman skinny 2-3 years after they’re done playing I feel good for them. Carrying that much weight that long puts you at risk of heart attack, stroke, even without anything else

Speculative to say it was substances at all.

I do know when I see a college lineman or pro lineman skinny 2-3 years after they’re done playing I feel good for them. Carrying that much weight that long puts you at risk of heart attack, stroke, even without anything else
Yep, being 300 + lbs and playing football is more dangerous than just about any PED.

Top Bottom