Everyone

Reaction score
Just got back from the game and don't know where to start. I've been a Brewster believer and supporter through everything, however....
After what I just saw, they need to fire the Athletic Director, Head Coach, both co-ordinators, all the assistants, the band director, the p.a. announcer (quesadillas anyone), whoever is in charge of concessions, and put the cheerleaders on probation (they weren't bad, but I'm upset).
You can't lose this game, you just can't.

Just got back from the game and don't know where to start. I've been a Brewster believer and supporter through everything, however....
After what I just saw, they need to fire the Athletic Director, Head Coach, both co-ordinators, all the assistants, the band director, the p.a. announcer (quesadillas anyone), whoever is in charge of concessions, and put the cheerleaders on probation (they weren't bad, but I'm upset).

I have also remained pretty positive when it comes to Brewster and the program, but like you said you don't lose this game, especially when your trying to convince gopher nation that your turning this program around and heading it in the right direction. After todays loss I am convinced that it is not turning the corner or heading in the right direction.

I agree. Things are getting worse not better. We have a beautiful stadium, we got an amazing set schedule in the division realignment and we're not in the middle of a cornfield in Iowa.

There has to be several well qualified people out there that would jump at the chance for this job. People who could actually turn this program around.

This was not good.

Northpoint:

What were people saying as they exited the stadium? Were a lot of people calling for Brewster's head or was everyone in shock and walking out in a zombie like state? Just curious.

Any ideas on the budget situation to get a high(er)-profile coach in here? I know we were hamstrung after Mason, but my understanding is we're in better shape now given Brewster's contract extension and the lower buy out.

I know we'll never be a $5MM/year kind of job...just wondering if we're in the $1.5MM - $2MM per year range.

Reminded me...

The "kay-suh-dill-uhs" reminded me and Mrs. Billd or the "faw-gee-tuz" we were offered in a Madison restaurant many years ago. The margaritas were also pure instant mix foam there...yuk.

Brought a smile to a mostly unsmiley day.:(

Go Gophers! Beat the Trojans!

+1

I too have tried to hold out hope for Brewster, but I cannot defend him after today. One of my buddies will say how talk of firing Brewster is going to negatively affect recruiting, but at this point, it doesn't matter.

I do think there is talent; the cupboard is not bare. Bring in a good, classy coach (again, my guy is McCarney) and the players who are here will respond; with good assistants as recruiters, he'll bring good players in.

I've always said Mason was a very good coach, but couldn't recruit and more importantly, didn't seem to work at it. The Dome obviously did not help matters.

A new coach is now on a level playing field with regards to recruiting with at least 2/3 of the rest of the Big Ten, fan support being the exception, but he (whoever is hired) can change that by winning.

While some commits may leave if Brew is fired, others will come depending on the replacement.

Charlie Strong did just fine with Louisville's class last year.

We stayed for the band after the game. By the time we left, the only people left were USD fans.
By the way, nobody taunted, teased, or rubbed our noses in the loss. They were just happy for their team. Good fans. (really fat cheerleaders though).

We stayed for the band after the game. By the time we left, the only people left were USD fans.
By the way, nobody taunted, teased, or rubbed our noses in the loss. They were just happy for their team. Good fans. (really fat cheerleaders though).

USC cheerleaders next week, kid! :D

I thought the exact same thing! Our crew is in 101, right underneath the visiting team section, and I grabbed the wife and boy and headed out right at the gun to avoid the heckling, but there wasn't any even in the concourses (not like WI last year) - very impressed!

Although, maybe it's because they've lived in Vermillion - one of the worst towns on the planet.

And yes, those cheerleaders were as bad as our defense.

Top Bottom