Everyone of these officials need suspended

jrb27

Reaction score
The ncaa needs to throw these clowns out how do you call targeting on a play as the qb is calling audible's for the next play

Targeting...

...come on, man! Without that call, the narrative on here after the game would've been:

1) Underwhelming offense
2) "The call" (to end the half...)
3) COVER 0! STOP!
4) Great 2nd half...but ultimately, an underwhelming win over a bad team at home

But that targeting call. Oh my goodness. How do you even throw that flag (30 seconds after the play, by the way...after seeing a replay? Purdue coaching staff in your ear?), but to CONFIRM that crap after a replay?! What are you even looking at?!

The rule now means nothing. It's a completely and total crapshoot. Players are thrown out indiscriminately. The NCAA needs to do something. It's gotten way out of hand. Called when it should be...confirmed when it shouldn't be...not called when it should be. Has it even done anything to prevent injuries? It's a freaking farce.

Have to agree, and how about the idiots who confirmed the call with the use of instant replay. Really pisses me off.

Contesting targeting calls!!

Is there a way to petition a terrible targeting call with the BT. That call on Rallis was utter bullsh!t. The conference needs to be able to review bad targeting calls, reinstate the player immediately upon reversal, and reprimand the ref and booth official for their piss poor judgement. This nonsense is getting out of control.

I turned it off and then the targeting call happens? What exactly happened and on who?

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

Every week this is not addressed is further embarrassment for whoever came up with this horse **** rule.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

The ncaa needs to throw these clowns out how do you call targeting on a play as the qb is calling audible's for the next play

The officials are employed and regulated by the B1G, not the NCAA first. I agree that the conference needs to take action against inept and chickensh!t officiating.

I turned it off and then the targeting call happens? What exactly happened and on who?

Rallis was called for targeting on a shoulder to shoulder tackle. None of the replays showed any helmet to helmet hit with force. Complete bullsh!t

Rallis was called for targeting on a shoulder to shoulder tackle. None of the replays showed any helmet to helmet hit with force. Complete bullsh!t

I think Mike Pereira's explanation was great. First contact was with shoulder and then heads incidentally hit.

Again if Rallis lowers his target, he won't put himself in position to get ejected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ankle tackle football is going to be awesome. And yet, Mitch gets hit square on the jaw last year and they pick up the flag.

I've seen some horrific officiating meted out to the Gophers over the years, but this crew today has to rank at or near the "top". Unbelievable bias, all game long. The lame-a$$ black linesman would ALWAYS give Purdue an extra foot or two on his spots, just trundle on out there and manage to replace the ball up field a bit for the Boilers. The OL for Purdue got away with takedown after takedown. And the targeting on Rallis? One of the worst miscarriages of justice, ever. Totally threw a wet blanket over what should have been a nice, come-from-behind win. Totally puts us on the ropes before we even set foot on the field at Lincoln next week. This crew should be fined, and suspended. Outrageous.

I've seen some horrific officiating meted out to the Gophers over the years, but this crew today has to rank at or near the "top". Unbelievable bias, all game long. The lame-a$$ black linesman would ALWAYS give Purdue an extra foot or two on his spots, just trundle on out there and manage to replace the ball up field a bit for the Boilers. The OL for Purdue got away with takedown after takedown. And the targeting on Rallis? One of the worst miscarriages of justice, ever. Totally threw a wet blanket over what should have been a nice, come-from-behind win. Totally puts us on the ropes before we even set foot on the field at Lincoln next week. This crew should be fined, and suspended. Outrageous.

Good rant but you forgot the missed PIs vs Carter and the bogus PI on Beebe, the botched bobble "catch" in the first quarter. Pretty amazing.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

...come on, man! Without that call, the narrative on here after the game would've been:

1) Underwhelming offense
2) "The call" (to end the half...)
3) COVER 0! STOP!
4) Great 2nd half...but ultimately, an underwhelming win over a bad team at home

But that targeting call. Oh my goodness. How do you even throw that flag (30 seconds after the play, by the way...after seeing a replay? Purdue coaching staff in your ear?), but to CONFIRM that crap after a replay?! What are you even looking at?!

The rule now means nothing. It's a completely and total crapshoot. Players are thrown out indiscriminately. The NCAA needs to do something. It's gotten way out of hand. Called when it should be...confirmed when it shouldn't be...not called when it should be. Has it even done anything to prevent injuries? It's a freaking farce.

It appeases tort happy lawyers so there's that.

It is too bad if there is no means of appealing the call. Rallis should be able to play the entire game next week. The targeting call was poor.

I think Mike Pereira's explanation was great. First contact was with shoulder and then heads incidentally hit.

Again if Rallis lowers his target, he won't put himself in position to get ejected.

Intent has to be part of the rule going forward. It's already a judgment call so let's let the officials use their heads.

So I just watched it back, and none of the officials were "conferring" before throwing the flag, as they had all gone back to their positions for the next play. That means that the official who threw the flag either

1. Was watching the replay (maybe not in the rulebook, but I would assume a huge no-no); or

2. Got buzzed from the booth. (which I think is in the rulebook that it cannot happen)

There has to be some sort of appeal process, especially after that dink came out and said they got the reversal on OSU's hit on Mitch last year wrong. (9 months too late)

The call vs Lynn was only slightly less worse. No intent, incidental contact. Bang bang. Wait was that the targeting last week or the week before? Was it Celestin? Lynn? It's all a blur.

Intent has to be part of the rule going forward. It's already a judgment call so let's let the officials use their heads.

I'm even fine if they still call that a penalty. But it is the auto ejection part that should change. Intent should be a part of that.

Exactly. I've been saying this from the beginning. Headhunters have no place in football anymore. But people playing hard and accidentally making head contact? Offensive players lowering their level milliseconds before contact, resulting in a blow to the head? Defensive players making SHOULDER TO SHOULDER CONTACT?! Come on...it's out of hand.

So I just watched it back, and none of the officials were "conferring" before throwing the flag, as they had all gone back to their positions for the next play. That means that the official who threw the flag either

1. Was watching the replay (maybe not in the rulebook, but I would assume a huge no-no); or

2. Got buzzed from the booth. (which I think is in the rulebook that it cannot happen)

There has to be some sort of appeal process, especially after that dink came out and said they got the reversal on OSU's hit on Mitch last year wrong. (9 months too late)

If they got appealed by the booth I don't think they would throw the flag.

I posted this before, but this play against Alabama two weeks wasn't even reviewed. How in the world in this so inconsistently enforced?

attachment.php

This is not a foul but Rallis is ejected. What a time to be alive.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TOCDD8LgPeg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The officials are employed and regulated by the B1G, not the NCAA first. I agree that the conference needs to take action against inept and chickensh!t officiating.

I have been saying this for awhile. The big10 needs to step up the officiating standards. There is not one big10 ref that I want officiating a game. They literally all suck.

The big10 has huge money and can pay for good refs. This has to be addressed.

Or this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SX3sQLcLjYQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The refs should also give back their paychecks. And travel expenses.

Top Bottom