Every Butler win helps

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Butler comes from behind to beat Xavier, 69-68. Controversial finish. Xavier got hosed, but as a Gopher fan I'll take it.

Didn't see the finish but I'm unimpressed with Butler this year.

Art, I am not surprised you are unimpressed by Butler. Who has impressed you so far?

Butler isn't bad, I just don't think they're a top 25 team. They've played a handful of ranked teams and their only win is over an Evan Turner-less OSU team. Today's win over over Xavier may have an asterisk next to it come Selection Sunday. They will take care of business in their conference but I don't see them in the top 25 in March and I'm betting they'll be a #8 seed or worse.

For top 10 teams, I've been most impressed with Texas and WVU thus far. Teams further down the top 25 that I like are MSU, Florida, and my sleeper......Steve Alford and New Mexico.

For top 10 teams, I've been most impressed with Texas and WVU thus far. Teams further down the top 25 that I like are MSU, Florida, and my sleeper......Steve Alford and New Mexico.
WVU barely squeaked past the mighty Cleveland State Vikings today, but I like them too. Texas played their first real game of the season today, but they sure looked good...although I still think UNC is overrated.

Butler has been absolutely mediocre this year. If it wasn't for the ridiculous preseason hype, nobody would be talking about them at all. Not sure what some people saw in this team.

Yeah, I was busy running around doing Christmas stuff today so I was not aware of the WVU game. They won I guess.

Butler is becoming like Gonzaga. Everyone's preseason overrated media darling that plays in a weak conference and does nothing in the NCCA Tournament.

Gonzaga, Butler

In fairness to Gonzaga (today's 35-point whooping at the hands of the Dukies notwithstanding), they did get to the Sweet 16 last season. Weren't they in the Sweet 16 with Morrison (The Crying Game) a couple years ago as well? I wouldn't say they've done nothing in the NCAA Tournament. Also, I should note Gonzaga was not ranked at the beginning of this season.

I agree that Butler was overranked to start the season (#10 I think), but I still think they're a solid NCAA club. I certainly respect the way they play and the schedule they play.

It's definately helpful to the Gophers if Butler is ranked at the end of the season. I know everyone here wants to diminish them. But they are a good team, and if they're ranked it definately gives us a quality win. Not nearly as good as Louisville last year, but still.

Xavier wouldn't have won even if the game didn't end in dubious fashion. A full court alley-oop is all they could have attempted (there should have been about .5 seconds left).

Butler comes from behind to beat Xavier, 69-68. Controversial finish. Xavier got hosed, but as a Gopher fan I'll take it.

Hosed in a very nice term for what happend to X.

There was no jump ball. Talk about refs deciding the outcome.

Top Bottom