ESPNs top 100 players of 2022

i

25. John Michael Schmitz

C, Minnesota, Senior
Notable 2022 stat: PFF 92.6 run block grade
Preseason ranking: 73

Michael Schmitz was a constant presence in the middle of Minnesota's offensive line. The Golden Gophers' center was an AP first-team All-American and a first-team All-Big Ten selection as the team averaged 218.4 rushing yards a game, which was second in the Big Ten. Spurred by Schmitz and the rest of the offensive line, Mohamed Ibrahim was second in the Big Ten in rushing (1,594 yards) and led the conference with 19 touchdowns.

i

48. Mohamed Ibrahim

RB, Minnesota, Senior
Notable 2022 stats: 20 TDs, 1,665 yards
Preseason ranking: 28

Ibrahim became Minnesota's all-time leading rusher against Syracuse in the Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl with 4,668 yards over his career. Ibrahim passed Darrell Thompson, who had 4,654 yards, and Ibrahim also broke Minnesota's single season rushing record, which was held by David Cobb, who had 1,626 yards in a season. He has been a playmaker for the Minnesota offense and a little underrated nationally for the career he has had.

Go Gophers!!

i

25. John Michael Schmitz

C, Minnesota, Senior
Notable 2022 stat: PFF 92.6 run block grade
Preseason ranking: 73

Michael Schmitz was a constant presence in the middle of Minnesota's offensive line. The Golden Gophers' center was an AP first-team All-American and a first-team All-Big Ten selection as the team averaged 218.4 rushing yards a game, which was second in the Big Ten. Spurred by Schmitz and the rest of the offensive line, Mohamed Ibrahim was second in the Big Ten in rushing (1,594 yards) and led the conference with 19 touchdowns.

i

48. Mohamed Ibrahim

RB, Minnesota, Senior
Notable 2022 stats: 20 TDs, 1,665 yards
Preseason ranking: 28

Ibrahim became Minnesota's all-time leading rusher against Syracuse in the Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl with 4,668 yards over his career. Ibrahim passed Darrell Thompson, who had 4,654 yards, and Ibrahim also broke Minnesota's single season rushing record, which was held by David Cobb, who had 1,626 yards in a season. He has been a playmaker for the Minnesota offense and a little underrated nationally for the career he has had.

Go Gophers!!
After that season they dropped him 20 spots????

After that season they dropped him 20 spots????
Looking at the list, there were plenty of players that came out of nowhere from TCU and Tennessee in particular. The one player that left me scratching my head is Devon Archane from A&M. He wasn't nearly as impressive rushing but had some stats receiving and returning kicks. Coincidentally, he came in at 28. Liked his versatility apparently.

Top Bottom