ESPN'S Latest Bowl Projections: Oklahoma vs. Gophers in INSIGHT Bowl

began11

GOPHER11
Reaction score
If this game does happen it would be a great way for the Gophers to gain some needed momemtum for next year. It would be fun to see the Gophers match up against a team like Oklahoma. I doubt we would win the game but you never know!

It'll be last years Insight Bowl all over again.......

Get a Life

It'll be last years Insight Bowl all over again.......

Thailleagle why is that you are so miserable (and clearly unintelligent)? Seriously, people like you need a new hobby. NO ONE wants you on this board. Go find somewhere else to piss and moan. You are a pile of misery!

That said, anyone who watched Oklahoma play this year has to be less than impressed. They have a fairly solid Defense (although it is not as good the Defenses of PSU, Ohio State, and Iowa), and almost no offense to speak of. I'm not saying the Gophers would definitely win, but Oklahoma does not have nearly enough offense to make it embarrassing.

Thailleagle why is that you are so miserable (and clearly unintelligent)? Seriously, people like you need a new hobby. NO ONE wants you on this board. Go find somewhere else to piss and moan. You are a pile of misery!

That said, anyone who watched Oklahoma play this year has to be less than impressed. They have a fairly solid Defense (although it is not as good the Defenses of PSU, Ohio State, and Iowa), and almost no offense to speak of. I'm not saying the Gophers would definitely win, but Oklahoma does not have nearly enough offense to make it embarrassing.

You're stalking of me has become quite concerning...

The -IGNORE- Function...use it...problem solved.......

Sounds like an offensive shootout the likes of which the insight bowl has never seen before!!!!!

I haven't seen anything from Oklahoma this year that makes me think they'd kill us. Certainly it's possible but a low scoring close game seems much more likely.

Oh goody...another pi$$ing contest. This one between Ahlibobwa and thailleagle.

sooners

It would be cool to beat them. Remember Alabama and their all world defense in the Music city bowl? I like it!

It would be cool to beat them. Remember Alabama and their all world defense in the Music city bowl? I like it!

True but we had an "All-World" Offense...2 NFL Caliber RB's & an O-Line that was one of the best in the nation.......

Kansas won't be playing in the Insight Bowl this year. I hope that helps.

I think if we play Oklahoma we'll probably lose. In the games they have won they've looked like vintage Oklahoma. They took #3 Texas down to the wire only losing 13-16 & have losses to ranked Miami 20-21 & ranked BYU 13-14. If the team that loss to Nebraska 3-10 & Texas Tech 13-41 then we have a chance. But they've proven they can put up points & even though I think our Defense can hold them under 28 points I don't know if our Offense is capable of matching them score for score.......

Be wary of anyone who wants Oklahoma to be our opponent. Down year at OU, but they'd be 21-pt favorites for sure.

This game would be a bloodbath. The Gopher staff will spend the bowl practices trying to teach Adam Weber his read progressions and Bob Stoops will be working on how to beat the Gophers. Can we decline this game if it's offered?

Oklahoma won't be slipping to the Big 12's #6 bowl, unless the Fiesta Bowl passes on a 10-2 Oklahoma State team. Not gonna happen.

Folks-realistically, with the way we've played the final few games, who COULD we beat in any bowl matchup??? Frankly I don't see who we'd play that would remotely be a win for us...based on the way the team is playing now...hoping the *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# gets squared away before the bowl, yes, but at this time, we are a lock to lose, to any team paired with us

Iowa State please

The Gophers (if they play in the Insight) should hope for Iowa State. That's the only bowl-eligible team from the Big 12 they'd have a decent chance to beat. For those of you who know the conference pecking orders for the bowls, is that a possibility or is Iowa State too far down the Big 12 bowl pecking order to be the Gophers' opponent?

Agree with others on here. A matchup with Oklahoma? We'd get blasted.

The Gophers (if they play in the Insight) should hope for Iowa State. That's the only bowl-eligible team from the Big 12 they'd have a decent chance to beat. For those of you who know the conference pecking orders for the bowls, is that a possibility or is Iowa State too far down the Big 12 bowl pecking order to be the Gophers' opponent?

The scenario for playing Iowa State would be if Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma, and Okie State gets chosen by the Fiesta Bowl as an at-large. That bumps Nebraska to the Cotton, Texas Tech to the Holiday and Missouri to the Alamo, and leaves three remaining eligible teams from the Big 12 at 6-6: Oklahoma, Texas A&M and Iowa State. The Sun would take about a tenth of a second to grab the Sooners, and the Insight would decide between A&M and ISU. My guess is A&M would lobby to stay close to home and play in the Texas Bowl, leaving Tempe for Iowa State.

I think the Sooners protect their 29-game home winning streak and beat OSU to make it all a moot point (and placing Missouri in the Insight Bowl), but we'll see...

Top Bottom