ESPN: What to watch in the Big Ten: Week 9 (Minnesota picking up momentum...sort of)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Minnesota picking up momentum ... sort of: It’s hard to say the Gophers are starting to put it together since their win against Northwestern came when the Cats were missing running back Venric Mark and quarterback Kain Colter. But it was a road win that brought Minnesota quite a bit of confidence. This weekend, they’ll welcome Nebraska to Minneapolis. The Cornhuskers might be without their QB, which would obviously benefit the Gophers defense and be another situation that could produce a “they won, but ...” situation.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/87411/what-to-watch-in-the-big-ten-week-9-6

Go Gophers!!

per ESPN:

Minnesota picking up momentum ... sort of: It’s hard to say the Gophers are starting to put it together since their win against Northwestern came when the Cats were missing running back Venric Mark and quarterback Kain Colter. But it was a road win that brought Minnesota quite a bit of confidence. This weekend, they’ll welcome Nebraska to Minneapolis. The Cornhuskers might be without their QB, which would obviously benefit the Gophers defense and be another situation that could produce a “they won, but ...” situation.http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/87411/what-to-watch-in-the-big-ten-week-9-6

Go Gophers!!

I hate it when people try to mitigate wins. I didn't give Tubby a pass when his team broke down midseason regardless of injury problems, I sure as heck am not going to apologize for the Gophers beating whatever football team our opponent puts on the field when we beat them.

They didn't have their best players and sadly we didn't have our head coach. I wonder why the writer didn't mentioned it.

I hate it when people try to mitigate wins. I didn't give Tubby a pass when his team broke down midseason regardless of injury problems, I sure as heck am not going to apologize for the Gophers beating whatever football team our opponent puts on the field when we beat them.

When talking past results I agree, you can only play who they put on the field that week. But when trying to predict outcomes of future games it does make a difference that we beat a weakened NW team.

Top Bottom