ESPN: Washington State's Nick Rolovich says he's unvaccinated, will do Pac-12 media day remotely

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Our country is as sick as a covid patient on a ventillator.

The hyper-division over things that wouldn't have divided a single person 10-15 years ago .... is one of the most perverse things I've ever seen in my life.

It's Russia that's doing it too. That's the damn kicker on it.

They're the ones behind the social media accounts that spread the most disinformation and convince the most people to distrust their friends, family, and neighbors.

They're laughing at us over there, that they've got us on the brink of civil war and they didn't have to set a damn foot inside our borders to do it.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
No. Too many factors, with the leading factor being time. You cant get around the lack of time in testing and trials. As far as im concerned, people that have taken the vaxx are just a part of a giant clinical trial
To be clear, the time taken for the trials is no different than any other trials. It was the time in between the trials that was sped up.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
You know damn well all these sickos are just using the "it's not approved!" line of BS as an excuse.

The vaccines will be fully approved this fall. Zero chance otherwise.

They'll just pivot to some other line of BS.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
His private reasons are that he's a huge QAnon and MAGA stan who cares more about his personal politics than his players, team, or community.

He also kicked a bunch of guys off the WSU team for following the #weareunited movement last fall. I'm sure he will have great success recruiting players to Pullman, Washington.
WSU you hired a sicko as a coach. Great move

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
New wording for me. Heavy majority

Guess it doesn't matter I guess to you that many get cancer even though they apparently are in the minority.

You a doctor? Tell us which clinic you work at so I won't go there.
Don't worry, he only practices in Springfield. Unsurprisingly, his bedside manner blows BTW -

1627055922532.png

alaska

Reaction score

The hyper-division over things that wouldn't have divided a single person 10-15 years ago .... is one of the most perverse things I've ever seen in my life.

They're the ones behind the social media accounts that spread the most disinformation and convince the most people to distrust their friends, family, and neighbors.

They're laughing at us over there, that they've got us on the brink of civil war and they didn't have to set a damn foot inside our borders to do it.
So you're pro-choice too then, h

Great question! Inquiring minds def want to know.
Pro Choice as in reference to abortion?

Two scenarios here..

1. I am a living breathing human being capable of making medical choice for myself.
2. A baby in womb is not capable of making medical choice for themselves so they are dependent on the mother/father to make that choice. Do you believe that the unborn should be stripped of the right to make a medical choice? its not killing the mother, its killing the unborn.

Pro Choice is about the individual getting the chocie, so yes I am pro choice. A mother/father does not have the right to decide if their child should be killed.

I as a person who is capable of making a choice medically can make choices for myself about medical care.

I hope that I am clear on the reasoning. If you disagree I am cool with that. I just do not think that you get to make a choice for someone else. That is not Pro Choice.

MplsGopher_fan

Reaction score
PS. Maybe it's because of all the recreational drugs I have put in my body for the past two decades, but I guess I was never worried about what getting a shot would do to my body.
Now that's funny! Btw, were you in the Greek system at all at the U in the late '90s?

fmlizard

Reaction score
I’m assuming (this is where stereotypes come. Tabo to say that, because I know it’s hard for people to be ok with the fact that they are based upon commonalities and in many cases experience) you are saying this because they are both openly religious=conservative=MAGA=antivax? Or you could just say religious=antivax. Wouldn’t be wrong necessarily with this thought process, I’m just curious as to what you were thinking.
It was stereotyping, and that's why I was clear to say it was pure speculation that Kirk Cousins or Tanner Morgan weren't vaxxed. Tanner is as we learned later in this thread, and millions of Christians are. But there has been a strong correlation throughout the pandemic between the non-religious following medical science and Christians taking an "it's in God's hands" approach to the matter.

Word

Eats difficult conversations
Reaction score
It was stereotyping, and that's why I was clear to say it was pure speculation that Kirk Cousins or Tanner Morgan weren't vaxxed. Tanner is as we learned later in this thread, and millions of Christians are. But there has been a strong correlation throughout the pandemic between the non-religious following medical science and Christians taking an "it's in God's hands" approach to the matter.
As with many religions, Christians have a wide range of belief systems.

alaska

Reaction score
Pro Choice as in reference to abortion?

Two scenarios here..

1. I am a living breathing human being capable of making medical choice for myself.
2. A baby in womb is not capable of making medical choice for themselves so they are dependent on the mother/father to make that choice. Do you believe that the unborn should be stripped of the right to make a medical choice? its not killing the mother, its killing the unborn.

Pro Choice is about the individual getting the chocie, so yes I am pro choice. A mother/father does not have the right to decide if their child should be killed.

I as a person who is capable of making a choice medically can make choices for myself about medical care.

I hope that I am clear on the reasoning. If you disagree I am cool with that. I just do not think that you get to make a choice for someone else. That is not Pro Choice.
Nothing from Gopher_In_NYC, MPLSGopher, or WriterGoph?

Sometimes when too much sense is made it settles in and there is an awkward silence. That's what's happening I think.

To get this topic back on track and maybe put an end to this thread....WAZZU coach made a decision. Respected. Others made a different decision. Respected.

Awesome, lets move on to gopher speculation, recruiting, and our opener vs OSU.

WriterGoph

Reaction score

Sometimes when too much sense is made it settles in and there is an awkward silence. That's what's happening I think.

To get this topic back on track and maybe put an end to this thread....WAZZU coach made a decision. Respected. Others made a different decision. Respected.

I was golfing. Sorry, fella.

A. You're a hypocrite. Your body, your choice, but women dont have the same choice? GTFO

B. This is awesome and hopefully Rolovich suffers the same fate: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...sistant-refusing-covid-19-vaccine-sources-say

NotAFanOfBecky

Reaction score

I think you are right that someone is sewing division. I’m not confident it’s Russia. I’m not confident it’s Iran. Or China, or North Korea, or you get the point. It might be all of them. It might be someone else…I’m not sure but I think you are 100% right that there is a group trying to tear this country apart. You go to the OTB and see it first hand. As a guy with conservative views who is socially liberal I see both sides and let me tell you they are lying to all of us. We need to stop believing this crap and start caring about each other.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

Wow, someone was bored or thirsty for a chat on a Friday afternoon.

I was simply curious to see if your absolutism regarding your body extended to others or just you and who those might be.

Enjoy your weekend kiddo!

Last edited:

alaska

Reaction score
Wow, someone was bored or thirsty for a chat on a Friday afternoon.

I was simply curious to see if your absolutism regarding your body extended to others or just you and who those might be.

Enjoy your weekend kiddo
Thanks son.

MplsGopher_fan

Reaction score
I was golfing. Sorry, fella.

A. You're a hypocrite. Your body, your choice, but women dont have the same choice? GTFO

B. This is awesome and hopefully Rolovich suffers the same fate: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...sistant-refusing-covid-19-vaccine-sources-say
A woman can do what she wants with her body - it's the child's body that us pro-lifer's are concerned about. As for B, I think you fall under the term "sicko" that MplsGopher was calling people. I usually respect your posts, but this one was trash. Maybe you were just mad or something at the time?

WriterGoph

Reaction score
A woman can do what she wants with her body - it's the child's body that us pro-lifer's are concerned about. As for B, I think you fall under the term "sicko" that MplsGopher was calling people. I usually respect your posts, but this one was trash. Maybe you were just mad or something at the time?

What was "trash" about it?

A. We obviously strongly disagree on the concept of when a fetus becomes a "body" or an actual "child". We aren't going to change that today.

B. The NFL - as any private company/organization is allowed to do - set its own guidelines for what is required for certain employees from a vaccination standpoint to keep their jobs. Have we ever been in a position to argue when certain companies did pre-employment drug testing (or random drug testing while employed in the past)? No. It was a condition of taking (or keeping) a job at said company. If a person didn't agree with that or thought it was an invasion of privacy, they were free to not continue with the interview process or find employment elsewhere. This is no different. The NFL decided what teams needed to do to keep their employees and players as safe as possible. All the coaches knew this for some time now. I think it's amusing that a 63-year-old man was willing to lose his career over a simple shot. It's not like they just told him one day before and he was caught off guard. Dennison made a conscious decision to defy his employer's requirements and now he is out of a job.

As far as Rolovich, he is in a position of leadership of young people. He knew what was expected. He also knew what reaction and conflict his statement would stir up when he made it. He can make his choice, but so can his employer. By the looks of the Stewart Mandel tweet above, it seems like he already has been given a stern warning and is doing what he can to try and save face (or his job).

So I ask again, what makes my post "trash"? Because I don't sympathize with grown men who make more money than 98% of the rest of the world deciding to risk their careers (and the health of others around them) to prove their individualism? We all have choices. And many of those choices have consequences.

bamor5229

Reaction score
The NFL decided what teams needed to do to keep their employees and players as safe as possible. All the coaches knew this for some time now. I think it's amusing that a 63-year-old man was willing to lose his career over a simple shot. It's not like they just told him one day before and he was caught off guard. Dennison made a conscious decision to defy his employer's requirements and now he is out of a job.
Some breaking news for you.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Some breaking news for you.

So, as I said, he is out his job. No longer O-Line coach. They seem to have found a spot for him to be employed, but he won't have direct contact with the players. I'm sure it was tricky legal territory, so the Vikings seem to have taken the neutral path. Those of us without contracts would definitely not be so fortunate.

MplsGopher_fan

Reaction score
What was "trash" about it?

A. We obviously strongly disagree on the concept of when a fetus becomes a "body" or an actual "child". We aren't going to change that today.

B. The NFL - as any private company/organization is allowed to do - set its own guidelines for what is required for certain employees from a vaccination standpoint to keep their jobs. Have we ever been in a position to argue when certain companies did pre-employment drug testing (or random drug testing while employed in the past)? No. It was a condition of taking (or keeping) a job at said company. If a person didn't agree with that or thought it was an invasion of privacy, they were free to not continue with the interview process or find employment elsewhere. This is no different. The NFL decided what teams needed to do to keep their employees and players as safe as possible. All the coaches knew this for some time now. I think it's amusing that a 63-year-old man was willing to lose his career over a simple shot. It's not like they just told him one day before and he was caught off guard. Dennison made a conscious decision to defy his employer's requirements and now he is out of a job.

As far as Rolovich, he is in a position of leadership of young people. He knew what was expected. He also knew what reaction and conflict his statement would stir up when he made it. He can make his choice, but so can his employer. By the looks of the Stewart Mandel tweet above, it seems like he already has been given a stern warning and is doing what he can to try and save face (or his job).

So I ask again, what makes my post "trash"? Because I don't sympathize with grown men who make more money than 98% of the rest of the world deciding to risk their careers (and the health of others around them) to prove their individualism? We all have choices. And many of those choices have consequences.
I apologize, I got confused about what "B" was about. Maybe it was me that was getting excited and posting too fast. ;) Probably because of how you ended "A" with the f word, but re-reading it, it could easily be said cynically versus abrasively.

My bad. Your response is the high quality of posting that I'm used to seeing from you.

2nd Degree Gopher

Reaction score
I'm sure it was tricky legal territory, so the Vikings seem to have taken the neutral path. Those of us without contracts would definitely not be so fortunate.
Agree that this is a middle-of-the-road response, but I don't think it's really tricky legal territory. Sure, he might have sued them, but they are on pretty solid ground to terminate him if that's what they wanted to do. My guess is that they worked something out with him because of some combination of:

1) They like him as a person and want to keep him employed in some capacity;

2) They feel he has a knowledge base that they need as they transition to a new OC and that he can be helpful even in a different role;

3) They are sympathetic to whatever reason he has for not wanting to take the vaccine;

4) They view this as a short-term problem and want to keep open the option to bring him back when restrictions loosen or whatever vaccine concerns he has are alleviated; or

5) They perceive that outright firing him creates a PR problem internally, externally or both and figure this is the safest way to proceed.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
3) They are sympathetic to whatever reason he has for not wanting to take the vaccine;
There's almost zero of this mentality going around these days, unfortunately. Kudos to the Vikings for working with the man and the situation. Where there is a will, there's a way. Probably something we can all learn from

Gophers1992

Reaction score
There's almost zero of this mentality going around these days, unfortunately. Kudos to the Vikings for working with the man and the situation. Where there is a will, there's a way. Probably something we can all learn from
I have yet to hear very many good reasons for not wanting to take the vaccine. All I hear is blanket statements like, "it's a personal choice", or ridiculous conspiracies. Sure there is a fraction of a percent of people who have legitimate medical conditions that prohibit them from taking the vaccine, but in 99% of cases there doesn't really seem to be a need for sympathy for those who are willingly prolonging this pandemic.

Top Bottom