ESPN: Washington State's Nick Rolovich says he's unvaccinated, will do Pac-12 media day remotely

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Which wasn't the point at all. Nice 45ish deflection there.

Medically? Rolovich said he wasn't getting it for personal reasons that he wouldn't get into. If it was a medical issue, he 1000% would have said that in his statement. Add on the fact he follows a bunch of QAnon folks on Twitter and we can ascertain that his reasons are political.
So if you dont want to take a vaccine because your belief is the potential side effects are more harmful than actual COVID, how is that not medical?

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
He isn't really though. WSU administration made no indication this is something he could lose his job over.
yet. Season hasnt started.

Havent you seen the NFL threaten teams and players? just happened today

WriterGoph

Reaction score
I am backing him because he has everything to lose. There are talks of forfeits. He know what kind of pressure he must be getting behind the scenes? From boosters? From the confence? There is literally the biggest propaganda campaign the world has ever seen to take a vaccine that has been around for barely a year and hasnt been formally approved.

Spare me your convictions. You seem like the type of guy that would take an experimental vaccine because a celebrity told you to

Spare us your victim BS.

Keep riding the Titanic down, pal.

Guarantee #1 - Rolovich will never get another P5 job after this.

Guarantee #2 - If we are all lucky, he won't make it out of this season as the coach.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
So if you dont want to take a vaccine because your belief is the potential side effects are more harmful than actual COVID, how is that not medical?

Is it coincidence that all of the people who believe that fall on a certain side of the political spectrum? This longhair wouldn't know science if it hit him in the face. He has just spent a little too much time going down the rabbit hole on the dark webs.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Spare us your victim BS.

Keep riding the Titanic down, pal.

Guarantee #1 - Rolovich will never get another P5 job after this.

Guarantee #2 - If we are all lucky, he won't make it out of this season as the coach.
I'm not your pal, you brainwashed fool. Thanks for proving why I need to back guys like Rolovich

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
That's a good point.
I forget if it was eastern Washington or Oregon... last year during some fires the locals took to setting up their own roadblocks with trucks and guns along rando county roads to keep those darned protesters from starting wildfires ... not that that was real or anything.

They succeeded in harassing their own locals and that's about it.... well that and put the local police in the awkward spot of telling armed bands of dudes that they would appreciate it if they stopped blocking the roads and hassling their neighbors.

Both states have a big east / west divide going on.

Zeppelin Gopher

Reaction score
I am surrounded by family and friends who are anti-vax. They pressure me all the time not to get it. I chose to get it but I don't flaunt it one way or another. I am putting relationships on the line for what I believe is societal right thing to do. I assume you back people in my situation as well? It's the same conviction, it's the same pressure.
Actually, I would back you 100%.

I won't be getting the vaccine myself, but its a personal choice, and I respect those who have done so (including most of my friends and family).

Not sure why this is so difficult for most people to accept or understand.

Stan

Reaction score
Actually, I would back you 100%.

I won't be getting the vaccine myself, but its a personal choice, and I respect those who have done so (including most of my friends and family).

Not sure why this is so difficult for most people to accept or understand.

Thank you. Appreciate your approach and inclusiveness.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
I'm not your pal, you brainwashed fool. Thanks for proving why I need to back guys like Rolovich

If being brainwashed means I get to travel internationally with all this stuff still going on, I'll take brainwashed every day. I would literally take just about any shot to be able to have my wedding and my honeymoon in the places we originally planned them to be. And because we got the shot - along with the other 70 people who attended our wedding - our parents in their 70s were able to attend without concern and not a SINGLE person came away from Mexico sick. Imagine that.

Now, who's the fool?

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
If being brainwashed means I get to travel internationally with all this stuff still going on, I'll take brainwashed every day. I would literally take just about any shot to be able to have my wedding and my honeymoon in the places we originally planned them to be. And because we got the shot - along with the other 70 people who attended our wedding - our parents in their 70s were able to attend without concern and not a SINGLE person came away from Mexico sick. Imagine that.

Now, who's the fool?
LMAO 😂😂😂😂

This may be my favorite post in GH history.

I'm glad the government is LETTING you do those things

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
And you have no idea why this coach isn't taking the vax.
OH, come on, Stan.... PLENTY of people who are making the giant assumption leap as to why coach isn't taking the vaccine. Let's at least be honest here.

I support fully the stance of everyone who has taken it upon themselves to get the vaccine if that's what they have determined is best for them. I support all of the people equally who have weighed the information at hand and have made a different decision.

Really not that difficult.

SixBySix

Reaction score
There is literally the biggest propaganda campaign the world has ever seen to take a vaccine that has been around for barely a year and hasnt been formally approved.
So when they are fully approved in 2-4 months, will your stance change?

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score

Now, who's the fool?
Who is the fool?

My belief is that no one really knows. This is all about making a choice based on what one believes is right for them. Why can’t people understand that instead of condemning people for their choice is based on what they believe.
Shot or no shot? It’s a personal choice and there is not one person that knows what is best.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
So when they are fully approved in 2-4 months, will your stance change?
No. Too many factors, with the leading factor being time. You cant get around the lack of time in testing and trials. As far as im concerned, people that have taken the vaxx are just a part of a giant clinical trial

Replacement Gopher

Reaction score
Some people in this thread are mistakenly labeling the choice to not vaccinate as one stemming from fear. It could be, that those making the choice to not get the vaccine have simply decided that there is not a need to subject their body to a medical experiment in order to potentially decrease their risk of contracting an illness which has a 99% survival rate among healthy individuals.
Like the measles vaccine?

Nax5

Reaction score
Lol someone called it on the first page. This thread went downhill fast. Vaccine talk should be banned here. It's already a shit show in Off Topic. No one is changing anyone else's mind. Just keep it to yourself.

fmlizard

Reaction score
I have no facts on this whatsover, but there's a great chance that both of the starting quarterbacks in the Twin Cities haven't been vaxxed and won't do it.

alaska

Reaction score

Now, who's the fool?
This is such a short stemmed view point. If the government tells you that you need to give up 50% of your paycheck in order to travel internationally are you going to do that too, just because they tell you to? C'mon WriterGoph, you are better than this.

NotAFanOfBecky

Reaction score
I have no facts on this whatsover, but there's a great chance that both of the starting quarterbacks in the Twin Cities haven't been vaxxed and won't do it.
I’m assuming (this is where stereotypes come. Tabo to say that, because I know it’s hard for people to be ok with the fact that they are based upon commonalities and in many cases experience) you are saying this because they are both openly religious=conservative=MAGA=antivax? Or you could just say religious=antivax. Wouldn’t be wrong necessarily with this thought process, I’m just curious as to what you were thinking.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Who would've guessed this thread would've turned into such a turd???

Just so you know -- JJMD is not a doctor. Well, not a real one -- do chiros and DO's count??

It's just a fake account created by some sicko OTB poster.

Has been touting how Jan 6th was fake and a setup, the last couple days on the OTB. That's the kind of sicko you're wasting your time with.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
This is such a short stemmed view point. If the government tells you that you need to give up 50% of your paycheck in order to travel internationally are you going to do that too, just because they tell you to? C'mon WriterGoph, you are better than this.
Governments around the world AND private companies (airlines/resorts) set their own requirements for what is necessary to cross borders or enter their business. No different than a retail store or a restaurant requiring masks or a vaccine to not wear a mask. A person either plays ball and goes with the requirements or you sit lots of experiences/activities out until this is completely over.

To me - and my family, wife's family and all my friends - it wasn't worth sitting on the sidelines and delaying huge life events another year when getting a shot opened all those doors. If people want to be limited in what they can do for another year, that's their choice. Just seems like a kinda sad way to live. Not sure why the whole concept is so hard to understand?

PS. Maybe it's because of all the recreational drugs I have put in my body for the past two decades, but I guess I was never worried about what getting a shot would do to my body.

PSS. Even besides a wedding and a honeymoon, if it was going to mean my parents in their 70s felt safer seeing us in person, I would 100% do whatever was necessary to make that happen.

Top Bottom