ESPN: Washington State's Nick Rolovich says he's unvaccinated, will do Pac-12 media day remotely

Word

Eats difficult conversations
Reaction score
haha, there is no fear buddy. I know how to keep my body healthy and my immune system strong, and it includes avoiding pharma.

I mean come on, you can't seriously believe an industry which makes astronomical amounts of profits is actually in business to lose customers, do you?
Modern medicine, including antibiotics, saved my daughter's life. So I'm pretty thankful for it. But you are entitled to your opinion on it. I don't think we'll change each other's minds.

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Didnt know most people that got cancer were younger than 35

You were downplaying the effect that medicine has had on people's life expectancies. My comment had nothing to do with age. It has to do with the fact that "sanitary life" has nothing to do with beating cancer. That's medicine.

Maybe we should ask Casey O'Brien his thoughts on modern medicine?

Gophers1992

Reaction score
Modern medicine, including antibiotics, saved my daughter's life. So I'm pretty thankful for it. But you are entitled to your opinion on it. I don't think we'll change each other's minds.
Just make sure you know that he is absolutely not afraid. Certainly not afraid of vaccines and big pharma. No fear from that alpha male.

On a more serious note, happy to hear about your daughter being saved. Nobody should have to bury a child.

stocker08

Reaction score
Would think that would be a more acceptable stance to take in the SEC.....rather than a Washington school.

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Didnt know most people that got cancer were younger than 35
I don't know about most people. You ought to take a drive and visit children's hospital. Many youngsters with cancer. Big number of kids with cancer. You're out of touch.

True story. I have a friend who boasted about not seeing the doctor, not taking drugs etc. He died about the age of 60. Cancer bit him in the ass.

GopherPete

Reaction score
I don't know about most people. You ought to take a drive and visit children's hospital. Many youngsters with cancer. Big number of kids with cancer. You're out of touch.

True story. I have a friend who boasted about not seeing the doctor, not taking drugs etc. He died about the age of 60. Cancer bit him in the ass.
Imagine if the cancer causing agents in vaccines lead to childhood cancer. That'd be crazy.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score

still doesnt change what i said.

Border Gopher

Reaction score
Have not taken anything produced from pharma for almost 10 years. Don't get sick either.
Hey Dwight

40817338.jpg

WriterGoph

Reaction score
still doesnt change what i said.

You didn't even address the actual point. You just made some wildly unfounded claim about young people not getting cancer much.

Atta guy! Keep digging your own grave

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
You didn't even address the actual point. You just made some wildly unfounded claim about young people not getting cancer much.

Atta guy! Keep digging your own grave
The heavy majority of kids dont get cancer.

Stan

Reaction score
Atta guy Nick Rolovich. I am proud of you. I will be cheering hard for your team this year

JJMD, I don't understand this philosophy. I've never heard of the coach before, once the Pirate left WSU I haven't thought about that program. I am not going to cheer for a coach who chooses to get the vax or a coach who chooses not to. Doesn't impact me either way. Help me understand why someone not getting a shot in the arm makes you want to "cheer hard" for his team?

#2Gopher

Reaction score
New wording for me. Heavy majority

Guess it doesn't matter I guess to you that many get cancer even though they apparently are in the minority.

You a doctor? Tell us which clinic you work at so I won't go there.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
JJMD, I don't understand this philosophy. I've never heard of the coach before, once the Pirate left WSU I haven't thought about that program. I am not going to cheer for a coach who chooses to get the vax or a coach who chooses not to. Doesn't impact me either way. Help me understand why someone not getting a shot in the arm makes you want to "cheer hard" for his team?
it takes a lot of guts to stand by your conviction in today's world, given all of the vaccination pressure out there. The guy is putting his job on the line to stand by what he believes. I like to back people like that

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
it takes a lot of guts to stand by your conviction in today's world, given all of the vaccination pressure out there. The guy is putting his job on the line to stand by what he believes. I like to back people like that
What guts does it take?

You just choose not to do it ...

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
New wording for me. Heavy majority

Guess it doesn't matter I guess to you that many get cancer even though they apparently are in the minority.

You a doctor? Tell us which clinic you work at so I won't go there.
facts over feelings.

Stan

Reaction score

I am surrounded by family and friends who are anti-vax. They pressure me all the time not to get it. I chose to get it but I don't flaunt it one way or another. I am putting relationships on the line for what I believe is societal right thing to do. I assume you back people in my situation as well? It's the same conviction, it's the same pressure.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
I am surrounded by family and friends who are anti-vax. They pressure me all the time not to get it. I chose to get it but I don't flaunt it one way or another. I am putting relationships on the line for what I believe is societal right thing to do. I assume you back people in my situation as well? It's the same conviction, it's the same pressure.
Last i heard there wasnt passports for non vaxxers

This coach is putting his livelihood on the line. Are you?

Stan

Reaction score

I am putting my family and friends on the line, which to me is more important than a job.

So in other words, you don't back those that stand by their personal conviction, you back those that agree with you politically. What a sad and narrow life.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
I am putting my family and friends on the line, which to me is more important than a job.

So in other words, you don't back those that stand by their personal conviction, you back those that agree with you politically. What a sad and narrow life.
Politically? I back those who agree with me medically. Please give me some insight me how this is political?

Stan

Reaction score
Politically? I back those who agree with me medically. Please give me some insight me how this is political?

So you don't back those with differing conviction, which you tried to say above.

And you have no idea why this coach isn't taking the vax. Find me a quote where he says it's for medical reasons similar to yours.

Stan

Reaction score

Read the original post again, the coach literally says "I have elected not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine for reasons which will remain private." And you now extrapolate that to assume it means he agrees with you medically. You are either extremely self absorbed or searching for anyone to latch on to.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
So you don't back those with differing conviction, which you tried to say above.

And you have no idea why this coach isn't taking the vax. Find me a quote where he says it's for medical reasons similar to yours.
I am backing him because he has everything to lose. There are talks of forfeits. He know what kind of pressure he must be getting behind the scenes? From boosters? From the confence? There is literally the biggest propaganda campaign the world has ever seen to take a vaccine that has been around for barely a year and hasnt been formally approved.

Spare me your convictions. You seem like the type of guy that would take an experimental vaccine because a celebrity told you to

Stan

Reaction score
I am backing him because he has everything to lose. There are talks of forfeits. He know what kind of pressure he must be getting behind the scenes? From boosters? From the confence? There is literally the biggest propaganda campaign the world has ever seen to take a vaccine that has been around for barely a year and hasnt been formally approved.

Spare me your convictions. You seem like the type of guy that would take an experimental vaccine because a celebrity told you to

You know nothing about me. I can only hope you're not a prick like this in real life.

WriterGoph

Reaction score

Which wasn't the point at all. Nice 45ish deflection there.

Medically? Rolovich said he wasn't getting it for personal reasons that he wouldn't get into. If it was a medical issue, he 1000% would have said that in his statement. Add on the fact he follows a bunch of QAnon folks on Twitter and we can ascertain that his reasons are political.

Taji34

Reaction score

He isn't really though. WSU administration made no indication this is something he could lose his job over.

Top Bottom