ESPN: Recruiting Q&A: Minnesota's Jerry Kill

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Brian Bennett: You loaded up on defensive backs and the offensive line. Was that the plan going in?

Jerry Kill: Yeah. We have a very, very talented secondary coming back this year, and we're going to lose four of those young people. So we felt like we had to load up this class to make sure we have the depth that we need the following year. And then we'll still add some more the next year. The good thing is, we've had a lot of evaluations on every kid and did our homework, and they can all really run. We've got some guys that are long and some kids in the 5-foot-10, 5-11 range with good ball skills.

The offensive line, I feel very, very good about. I think it's the best up-front class we've signed since we've been here. They're big, they're athletic and we're still recruiting one. I felt like we really, really improved ourselves up front. We needed it, and we're real excited about it.

BB: Big is right. These look like kids that you don't have to worry about putting much weight on.

JK: Yeah they're big and they're lean. None of them are sloppy. Like Bronson Dovich. He's only 17 years old, and he's 6-5, 295. We've got a defensive end, Winston DeLattiboudere, he's 6-3, 216, but he just turned 17 about a week ago. So we've got three or four young guys that are going to continue to get bigger.

BB: Tell us about the quarterback in this class, Demry Croft.

JK: You know what, I think that's a tremendous steal for us. I'm glad he kind of stayed hidden. He played receiver the year before and about halfway through they moved him to quarterback because of an injury, and he just did a great job the last part of his junior year. We had him in camp and he ran a 4.6 [40-yard dash] -- which our guys are awfully stiff on. He's 6-5, 200 pounds, and he can wing the ball around and he's athletic. You look at some of the guys we're playing in the league, certainly Ohio State with the three guys they have, and you've got to have somebody like that. He's a very, very talented kid and his best years are ahead of him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/115351/recruiting-qa-minnesotas-jerry-kill-3

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom