ESPN: Position battles: Minnesota Golden Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Spring hasn't quite sprung yet (hurry up and get here, warm weather). But spring practice in the Big Ten is coming very soon. With that in mind, we're looking a couple of key position battles for each league team when they return to the practice field in February or March.

You're up, Minnesota Golden Gophers.

1. Running back:
2. Wide receiver/tight end:
3. Middle linebacker:

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/115630/position-battles-minnesota

Go Gophers!!

I agree with everything except for Brandon Lingen being a veteran.

I don't listen to nor believe those ESPN bobble heads. I trust the experts on GopherHole.

I don't listen to nor believe those ESPN bobble heads. I trust the experts on GopherHole.

I agree that most of those clowns couldn't point to Minnesota on a map, and they're probably regurgitating something they skimmed somewhere else. It is nice that for once they aren't listing QB as one of those positions where there's no clear starter. Leidner has made some strides, although he's a work in progress. OTOH, I might feel better about the future if there was an underclassman pushing him a bit more. But I suspect that's at least a year away from happening.

I'd put the interior O-line ahead of MLB. I'm fairly confident that Lynn will move to mike and Poock will start at OLB. With O-line, you don't know if Campion will play OT or OG, and if so who gets the other OG spot, Mayes or Bjorklund. And if not, Hayes or Bush at the other guard spot? Also center but again, i'm fairly confident in saying Christensen will start.

I'd put the interior O-line ahead of MLB. I'm fairly confident that Lynn will move to mike and Poock will start at OLB. With O-line, you don't know if Campion will play OT or OG, and if so who gets the other OG spot, Mayes or Bjorklund. And if not, Hayes or Bush at the other guard spot? Also center but again, i'm fairly confident in saying Christensen will start.

I think Lynn would be a very good MLB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom