ESPN: Poll shows fans believe Buckeyes could beat NFL's Browns

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Forget the College Football Playoff. A majority of respondents to a recent poll in the Buckeye State believe Ohio State could jump a level and beat an NFL team.

According to the results released this week by Public Policy Polling, 62 percent of those polled said the No. 2 Buckeyes would beat the struggling Cleveland Browns, while only 23 percent picked the professionals in a hypothetical meeting.

Ohio State coach Urban Meyer's team has certainly looked like an NFL-caliber outfit over the past few seasons. It produced five first-round selections in this year's draft and 13 rookies who are playing in the NFL this season.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...eve-ohio-state-buckeyes-beat-cleveland-browns

Go Gophers!!

This likely shows a lack rationality from Buckeye fans and a pessimistic attitude by Browns fans.

The Browns would probably win by about 70.

What might be a conversation would be total yards for Ohio State O/U total points for Cleveland.

I don't know....I've been told that all of the Buckeye 2nd & 3rd stringers could start for Minnesota, and BBC is playing for the Browns right now...

Hmmmm....

I remember a few years ago people wanted to think that Kentucky's basketball team could beat and NBA squad. Even that was a long shot but at least there nearly the entire roster of Kentucky was NBA caliber players so you could dream up a scenario where they could beat a bad NBA team.

In football it is just stupid. For as good as Ohio State is and as bad as the Browns are, EVERY player on the Browns roster is as good as or better then the upper level of Ohio State's players. Not to say Ohio Sate couldn't compete with them but it is kind of like a lower level FCS team going up against a top power 5 squad. The FCS team can maybe score a little but in the end the superior talent almost always wins out.

What I think is a more interesting argument would be if the 2015 Buckeye roster 6 or 7 years into the future could beat an NFL team. It is possible that Elliott becomes the best back in the league, Bosa turns into a JJ Watt caliber defender, Barrett or Cardale turn into a starting caliber QB, Thomas becomes a #1 WR with Braxton, Jalin Marshall and Curtis Samuel becoming solid #2, #3 and #4 receivers, Apple, Bell and Malik Hooker form a nice secondary and Perry, Lee and McMillian form the LB corps.

Last year's buckeye team had 12 players drafted with 5 first rounders. Their are two 2017 projected first rounders so far on that team plus the #1 projected center. The 2018 and 2019 draft class would likely have a good number of first rounders and total number of players drafted. They probably wouldn't have enough depth to compete with most NFL teams but the star power at the top could be pretty solid.

The headline really should be "Poll shows most fans don't have a clue".

Im not sure tohsu could beat ndsu

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Most likely, Buckeye fans flooded the poll, while Browns fans didn't pay attention to it.

Top Bottom