ESPN not showing B1G network for televised games

SanDiegoGopherFan

Reaction score
I went to see where the game this weekend would be on espn. To my surprise the tv column was blank.

i noticed the same thing for the Indiana game.

tried a different browser and same thing.

finally went to B1G network tv schedule and there were the games.

i dont know if its a glitch or on purpose but its funny

Another complete listing all week, by media coverage, is: lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

Favorite it and it will automatically renew each fall. For some reason, "not secure," though.

(This post has nothing to do with Gophers football. It’s in reply to the “not secure” comment above.)

The “not secure“ piece is the responsibility of the webmaster/designer of the website.

HTTPS uses a specific protocol to provide a secure, encrypted connection to the internet, while HTTP doesn’t. The “S” at the end, not surprisingly, stands for “secure.” It’s pretty easy to get an HTTPS certificate (it took me all of ten minutes). There are some rumblings that in the not-too-distant future, certain browsers won’t show websites that don’t have the secure certificate.

Not sure what you are looking at....but I see BTN listed on both the scores and the schedule page.

Another complete listing all week, by media coverage, is: lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

Favorite it and it will automatically renew each fall. For some reason, "not secure," though.
Not secure just means the network traffic isn't encrypted. The site admin never set it up. It's harmless unless you're entering confidential personal info on the website while on public wifi (like in a coffee shop).

ESPN is the enemy of the Big Ten and the BTN/ FSN/ FOX world.

ESPN has been providing lesser production values for the early ESPN2 non SEC/ACC games for years relative to the later SEC games. More Beth Mowins C team crews, bad sound, cannot hear band, crowd, ect. They always ignore the competing TV listings, have for years.

ABC is crap now as well, SEC bias, annoying studio show, odd tinny sound on my TV. CBS used to do a great job with the SEC games though.

Once in a while if Ohio State is playing at 11AM, ESPN gives the game the SEC treatment and it sounds and looks better.

I'll take FSN, FOX BTN, or even the PAC12 Network if they had any distribution over ESPN any time.

Last edited:

ESPN is the enemy of the Big Ten and the BTN/ FSN/ FOX world.

ESPN has been providing lesser production values for the early ESPN2 non SEC/ACC games for years relative to the later SEC games for years, and the website always ignores the competing TV listings, other than maybe if Ohio State is playing.
ESPN has been dead to me for several years now. The quality has just gone to shit, a lot of the talent has left the network across the board. The network has been in a death spiral, it's been more than easy to find better alternatives thankfully

ESPN has been dead to me for several years now. The quality has just gone to shit, a lot of the talent has left the network across the board. The network has been in a death spiral, it's been more than easy to find better alternatives thankfully

There is almost nothing I like about ESPN today. Corso and Herbstreit are actually one of the better things left, and I generally dislike Gameday. Maybe they can make Pat McAfee the face of ESPN Football, he is pretty good. (and Maria Taylor- OK too late for that)

In the past I would get excited for a Gopher game on ESPN or even ESPN 2. Now I prefer games on BTN the production quality is equal or better, and you usually have an announcing crew that actually knows a thing or two about gopher football. They also don't have continuous game breaks to show SEC highlights.

Top Bottom