ESPN: No spotlight, no problem for overlooked Minnesota RB David Cobb

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

David Cobb may be known around Minnesota's campus -- a student recently stopped him for a photo before his sports management final -- but he’s mostly a forgotten man outside of Minneapolis.

When it comes to standout games, he knows most Big Ten fans think of Melvin Gordon's 408-yard performance. When it comes to memorable plays, they might even envision Ameer Abdullah's game-winning 58-yard reception. And in the realm of dizzying stats, they’ll more likely think of Tevin Coleman's 2,036 rushing yards.

They usually won’t think of Cobb; he knows that. But he doesn’t mind. Actually, the Minnesota running back swears he prefers it this way.

“I’ve never been that type of person who needs that highlight or needs that spotlight on me,” Cobb said. “Having Melvin Gordon, Tevin Coleman and Ameer Abdullah in that same conference, I wouldn’t want it any different because it motivates me week in and week out. I wouldn’t change it for anything because this is what I’m used to.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post...roblem-for-overlooked-minnesota-rb-david-cobb

Go Gophers!!

LOVE Cobb. One of my Top 5 Gophers ever. He will be greatly missed...

Top Bottom