ESPN: Minnesota's next aim: Keeping Kill happy

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Minnesota found the right guy to build its program back up. But can the school keep Kill happy and take the next step forward with him?

Kill has said he sees Minnesota as home and wants to lead the program over the long haul. It means a lot that the school stuck by him while he battled to find the right treatment for his epilepsy, a condition that caused him to take a brief leave of absence in 2013.

"During that time I was as supportive of him as I'll ever be," Teague said. "If you've met Jerry Kill, you don't ever question his toughness or his ability to get through something like that. I always thought he'd be back and he'd be where he is now."

He's one of the most popular football coaches the Gophers have had in years. The school has to make sure he has all the resources he needs to keep succeeding.

"I think Jerry will be very loyal," Teague said, "but I've got to be very proactive in how we support the program. We've got to do things to invest in the program. If we do that, I think we'll keep Jerry here a long time."

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/113372/minnesotas-next-aim-keeping-kill-happy

Go Gophers!!

I think Jerry is happy with the compensation that the U is affording him, after all he came from a modest upbringing to say the least. To keep him I say give him a 5% raise, but more importantly give his assistant's a 20% raise across the board after all JK knows how valuable they are to him. Next, get that building built!!!!. It's no longer a brick by brick story, the mantra has to multiply. The drive to build the program and facility has to morph into a 1000 brick by 1000 brick chant. Is there a gopher hole member that can put that to music? If so please do so.

Love the idea...putting the brick push to music. I'm not quite up to that task, yet, myself. But give me a couple of months...I'm doing some film/photo/slide presentation work now--family stuff.

Agree on hyper-rewarding the assistants. Donated handsomely to the campaign myself in the past month. Feeling great about the direction & pace now. Let's keep on piling up those bricks!

Love the idea...putting the brick push to music. I'm not quite up to that task, yet, myself. But give me a couple of months...I'm doing some film/photo/slide presentation work now--family stuff.

Agree on hyper-rewarding the assistants. Donated handsomely to the campaign myself in the past month. Feeling great about the direction & pace now. Let's keep on piling up those bricks!

:rockon:

I think Jerry is happy with the compensation that the U is affording him, after all he came from a modest upbringing to say the least. To keep him I say give him a 5% raise, but more importantly give his assistant's a 20% raise across the board after all JK knows how valuable they are to him. Next, get that building built!!!!. It's no longer a brick by brick story, the mantra has to multiply. The drive to build the program and facility has to morph into a 1000 brick by 1000 brick chant. Is there a gopher hole member that can put that to music? If so please do so.

Agreed on the assistants.

Please, for the love of God, give Sawvel a raise, give him some fancy title, and keep him here. I don't care if you have pay him a million dollars. That guy deserves a huge amount of credit for how far this team has come. He took what looked like a rag-tag group of kids (Murray, BBC, Wells, Thompson, Travis, etc. were all two-star recruits), and turned them into one of the best groups in the country. He played a big part in Vereen getting the to NFL, and looks like he will have a few more follow (Wells, Murray, and BBC could realistically all get drafted).

If he continues to put people in the NFL, you will see him start landing some big-time DB recruits. Very talented kids are already starting to take notice and come here (James, Rogers, Buford). Pay heem....Pay zat man heez money.

Agree with all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom