ESPN: Legends Division race looks wide open

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Two of the most eye-opening performances of Week 4 in the Big Ten belonged to Iowa and Minnesota.

Iowa and Minnesota will knock heads for the Floyd of Rosedale next week in what should be one of the most evenly-matched editions of the pig game in several years. While it's unlikely that either will win the Legends, both teams appear much better equipped to compete physically with their division opponents than they did a year ago.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/84556/legends-division-race-looks-wide-open

Go Gophers!!

Iowa was pretty impressive with their win yesterday. I was hoping it would be a much more even game and WMU could scare them. We'll have our hands full next week, that's for sure...

All that said, we handled San Jose St much easier than most thought possible. It was our best game of the 4, against the toughest of the 4. So we're in good shape too.

The Legends is definitely deeper, but there doesn't appear to be a dominant team. The 2 most impressive Big Ten teams are in the Leaders, so it'll be interesting to see who'll be playing the Wisconsin/Ohio State winner in Indianapolis. At this point I really can't say there's a favorite in the Legends. I want to say Northwestern, but the Wildcats probably have the most brutal schedule of all the Legends teams.

Iowa got 4 TD's from other than their offense. There wins are against teams that are 0-9. Control Weisman and you win the game.

Top Bottom