ESPN: Jack Coan named Notre Dame starting quarterback against Florida State

I’ll be disappointed if he is. It means none of our recruits are better than him. And I think he is a solid QB but not great. Not the upside MN needs to win the big ten west

I disagree. We've only seen him play as a true freshman behind a bad line and that was 3 years ago. There was a reason why he beat out Morgan then.

They could have 3 different starting QBs over the next 3 seasons and they would all be SRs. I see that as a good thing.

They could have 3 different starting QBs over the next 3 seasons and they would all be SRs. I see that as a good thing.

On paper, perhaps, this could be a good thing. But I'm not even sure of that.

What does it say about your recruit, that they're satisfied and content to only be a starter/play significantly in the last year out of five (with redshirting)??

I think the ideal at as many positions as you can is for guys to take over in their 2nd or 3rd year with the program and start at least two if not hopefully three seasons.

The key is to make sure there's a big mix of ages in the starting group, so they all don't graduate at once.

I was not overly impressed with Coan as a whole, but the dude brought his A game when they played Minnesota in 2019......he was REALLY good that day!

I’ll be disappointed if he is. It means none of our recruits are better than him. And I think he is a solid QB but not great. Not the upside MN needs to win the big ten west

I doubt our team is going to be so bad that we need the upside of Kaliakmanis to win the west vs the dependability of a 5th year guy in Annexstad

On paper, perhaps, this could be a good thing. But I'm not even sure of that.

What does it say about your recruit, that they're satisfied and content to only be a starter/play significantly in the last year out of five (with redshirting)??

I think the ideal at as many positions as you can is for guys to take over in their 2nd or 3rd year with the program and start at least two if not hopefully three seasons.

The key is to make sure there's a big mix of ages in the starting group, so they all don't graduate at once.
I think it speaks volumes about the regime and cultural that ZA would be willing to stay and fight it out to play as a senior.

He moved to Florida in HS to share time at IMG" with the QB that transferred from Rutgers to Illinois, I think he originally committed to Miami. I see him as a larger version of Morgan. He appears to have the injury bug. If he could have stayed healthy, Morgan may not have played. He will start next year.

He moved to Florida in HS to share time at IMG" with the QB that transferred from Rutgers to Illinois, I think he originally committed to Miami. I see him as a larger version of Morgan. He appears to have the injury bug. If he could have stayed healthy, Morgan may not have played. He will start next year.
I'd put him as the front runner, but not so sure about that

Couldn't technically speaking Morgan comeback in 2022?

Took a wicked shot to the ribs in '18 and broke his foot in '19. I don't quite follow where this equates to having an injury bug. Regardless I agree that had he been healthy and not forced into a hospital in Lincoln Morgan would not have started.

Took a wicked shot to the ribs in '18 and broke his foot in '19. I don't quite follow where this equates to having an injury bug. Regardless I agree that had he been healthy and not forced into a hospital in Lincoln Morgan would not have started.
Brocken ribs, feet, and you forget abdominal muscle tears does not equate to repeated injuries? Kalik is more athletic, he has had multiple injuries in HS and a left shoulder surgery.

Brocken ribs, feet, and you forget abdominal muscle tears does not equate to repeated injuries? Kalik is more athletic, he has had multiple injuries in HS and a left shoulder surgery.
If you define the injury bug as two injuries sure I'll agree that he has had two injuries -- but I don't follow the connection between what you wrote about Athan being more athletic and also having injuries in HS

What injuries has Athan had beyond shoulder injury

What injuries has Athan had beyond shoulder injury
He missed most of his Junior year, he messed up his left shoulder and had surgery on his clavicle. He missed part of the year before with stingers. He is an athletic kid.

I think it speaks volumes about the regime and cultural that ZA would be willing to stay and fight it out to play as a senior.
I would say it speaks more about the will of ZA to stay home/at the school where his friends are, as opposed to getting to play. And that is fine. Some guys will be like that. I think most players want to play.

Top Bottom