Minnesota LB Damien Wilson*

Two-star recruits (2)

Minnesota OG Zac Epping
Wisconsin LB Derek Landisch

Not ranked (3)

Wisconsin OG Kyle Costigan
Minnesota CB Briean Boddy-Calhoun*
Minnesota TE Maxx Williams

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/115173/how-all-big-ten-team-ranked-as-recruits-2

Go Gophers!!

ESPN didn't even have Maxx ranked? Wasn't he a high 3-star by the other services?

3 Yes, High No

ESPN didn't even have Maxx ranked? Wasn't he a high 3-star by the other services?
Rivals did have him as a 3 star but their lowest at 5.5. By comparison WD40 is now a 2 star at 5.4 and Dior is a 4 star at 5.8

Somebody else has the the next one.
Coolest part is we have multiple guys with honors on the team. Next coolest is the testament that our staff develops players.

He didn't have an evaluation but only 17 of our 27 commits did. It's more that ESPN isn't very reliable evaluating low 3 stars and under the radar guys than it is about Maxx's talent. They have gotten a lot better about getting their evals in though lately.

Also a fun fact: ESPN rated Duke Anywanwu as a one star and it is the only time I have ever seen a recruiting service give just one single star to a football recruit. Nearly every time it is either two stars or un-evaluated but hardly ever just a one star. ESPN also gave the SF from Rochester who played for Howard Pulley during the 2012 season one single star two. Only time for basketball I have ever seen that.

Thanks Bleed for compiling this list, quite interesting. Thanks!

Interesting list. A few observations:

1.We had as many players on this list as tOSU & MSU. As others have mentioned, it's a testament to how Kill and his staff develop players. Especially the unrated & 2* ones.
2.No 5 star kids
3.SCum only had one guy on the list, and he's overrated
4.Interesting that all of the tOSU guys were 4 stars. Could it be a couple of them got that "bonus star" when they committed to the Bucknuts? I'll be Maxx would have been a 3* guy if he had gone to Ann Arbor or Columbus
5.I was surprised that Melvin Gordon was only a 3* player.
6.It's nice to see 4 Gophers on this list, but only one of them was a "skill position" player, and a TE at that. And he's turning pro. For Kill to take the next step, we need to get some players at the QB, RB, or WR position onto this list. You could argue, though, that Cobb was just as important to the Gophers as Coleman or Lippett were to their teams.

Somewhere else (maybe on this board) I read that there were no 5* recruits playing in the Super Bowl on Sunday.

Interesting list. A few observations:

1.We had as many players on this list as tOSU & MSU. As others have mentioned, it's a testament to how Kill and his staff develop players. Especially the unrated & 2* ones.
2.No 5 star kids
3.SCum only had one guy on the list, and he's overrated
4.Interesting that all of the tOSU guys were 4 stars. Could it be a couple of them got that "bonus star" when they committed to the Bucknuts? I'll be Maxx would have been a 3* guy if he had gone to Ann Arbor or Columbus
5.I was surprised that Melvin Gordon was only a 3* player.
6.It's nice to see 4 Gophers on this list, but only one of them was a "skill position" player, and a TE at that. And he's turning pro. For Kill to take the next step, we need to get some players at the QB, RB, or WR position onto this list. You could argue, though, that Cobb was just as important to the Gophers as Coleman or Lippett were to their teams.

Somewhere else (maybe on this board) I read that there were no 5* recruits playing in the Super Bowl on Sunday.

Keep in mind that there has only been like 15 five stars in the big 10 since 2010 (Maryland and Rutgers included). At least one is already in the NFL.

Top Bottom