ESPN game preview a joke

USTGopher

Reaction score
So I thought I would go to ESPN to see what channel the game was going to be on today since I hadn't really thought about it til now. In the process I started to read the Minnesota vs. Syracuse preview and quickly noticed a lot about Marrone and Paulus and not much on the Gophers. A little better read through I found out that the only times we are even mentioned in the article is when they say who Syracuse is playing which is only twice (and one of those times is in parentheses). What an absolute joke of a preview on ESPN/AP's part. I don't think I've ever seen a preview where one of the teams is only mentioned as to who the other is playing.

http://www.espn.go.com/ncf/preview?gameId=292480183

Yeah I read that earlier and was slightly offended cuz all they talked about was Syracuse this and Greg Paulus that, it was disgusting.......

All the attention on Paulus should work out in our favor. First, and I've mentioned this before, this game may draw a larger audience because of Paulus and also because it's really the only game on except tOSU versus Navy. A lot of people will see the gophs mop the floor with Paulus and instantly become gopher fans. Anything that increases interest in the gophers is good. Second, all the attention on Syracuse, means all the pressure is on them. I expect Paulus to make some big mistakes today trying to justify all the attention he is being given. I don't think we'll blow them out, but the game will never be in question.

Paulus is a story line and what reporters seem to focus on. Local boy changing sports after a Dukie. In comparison, having the Gophers as an opponent doesn't get too many people excited.

Good Point Gophmeister. We should have more fans after we bring the house on Paulus a few times. Just think of the # of Duke haters there are out there.

ESPN certainly is a slurper

Top Bottom