ESPN: Buckeyes interested in Graham Glasgow

BleedGopher

Reaction score
As signing day approaches there is one prospect who isn't getting caught up in the sense of urgency that others in his class are feeling right now. Offensive tackle Graham Glasgow (Aurora, Ill./Marmion Academy) isn't your typical recruit. He is a basketball player, turned football player with one year of experience under his belt. Glasgow helped lead his team to a state runner-up finish in 2010 and now football is his sport of choice.

His parents are the team doctors for the Northern Illinois football team and that's why new Minnesota coach Jerry Kill brought him up for an official visit. Now Ohio State has entered the picture.

"Coach (Doc) Tressel came to my basketball practice [Thursday]," said the 6-foot-7, 290-pounder. "I had a great conversation with Coach Tressel and it looks like I'll go there next week for a visit. Right now I think it would be the same situation as Minnesota. I would be a preferred walk-on."

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/blog...pn.go.com/ncf/blog?name=pool_chris&id=6067829

Go Gophers!!

This must cement Kill's reputation in finding skilled players or diamonds in the rough.

People are certainly paying attention to who we're recruiting.

The respect for Kill inside the Big Ten coaching ranks is huge. The more we see the more I have a good feelling about this hire. Still being cautious.

I hate Jim Tressel with a passion he has taken players from Minnesota out to Ohio State just so they could sit on the bench when if they played here they would have been big contributors. My prime example is Willie Mobley he played one year and that was it.

Mabye we have other sure fire bets to take the last remaining scholarships...otherwise why don't we just give them to guys like Glasgow.

This is a kid you may want to give a scholarship as an investment in the family.

Top Bottom