ESPN Bracketology

Gophers09

Reaction score
currently has us as a #10 facing Tennessee in Minneapolis. Obviously its just a projection but how awesome would this scenario be!?

I would love to play Tennessee. . . that would be a gift.

currently has us as a #10 facing Tennessee in Minneapolis. Obviously its just a projection but how awesome would this scenario be!?

Will that is right. the Team is right. but it should be Greenboro and not Minneapolis.

are you talking about the women's or men's team? the men can't play in minneapolis since they are the host school. if you are talking about women's basketball - please don't!! talk about boring! :D

Lundardi had a typo on his version today with Minneapolis having 3 sections and Greensboro one. The one we were in should have been Greensboro. It does raise a point: Could the NCAA switch the host of the MSP regional to the "Big Ten Conference" and pod us here? The rule is really just that you can't play in your home arena, not your home city. But you also can't be the host. They are bending the rules a bit due to the economy, but putting a 10/11 seed Minnesota at the Dome would be extrememly unfair to whoever the higher seeds are. But I've seen pleny of projectons putting NDSU and Wisconsin here, and that would be similarly unfair to teams seeded higher.

Lundardi had a typo on his version today with Minneapolis having 3 sections and Greensboro one. The one we were in should have been Greensboro. It does raise a point: Could the NCAA switch the host of the MSP regional to the "Big Ten Conference" and pod us here? The rule is really just that you can't play in your home arena, not your home city. But you also can't be the host. They are bending the rules a bit due to the economy, but putting a 10/11 seed Minnesota at the Dome would be extrememly unfair to whoever the higher seeds are. But I've seen pleny of projectons putting NDSU and Wisconsin here, and that would be similarly unfair to teams seeded higher.

No switching. The Gophers will not play in the dome. No EXCEPTIONS

No switching. The Gophers will not play in the dome. No EXCEPTIONS

Fair enough. I'd heard rumors about them going to extrems due to concerns about ticket sales this year. I am rooting for Greensboro then so I can realisitcally attend.

Can anyone point to the actual rule on hosting/sites? I can't seem to find it.

Maybe at some time in the future NDSU could host at the Metrodome. That way the Gophers could play here.

And if you think Fargo is too far from Minneapolis for this to work, in 1999 the Frozen Four was in Anaheim, CA and the host was the University of Alaska Anchorage.

I am hoping for a Clemson-Minnesota first round match in the 6-11 game. A rematch of the 1997 double-OT thriller would be a stellar first round game. Thoughts?

I am hoping for a Clemson-Minnesota first round match in the 6-11 game. A rematch of the 1997 double-OT thriller would be a stellar first round game. Thoughts?
Clemson would be a tough squad to face in the first round.

Agreed... I think Clemson would not have great difficulty (they have final four talent), but then again they have become synonymous with choking in March. But for nostalgia's sake, wouldn't it be a great game?

Top Bottom